Anybody else going thru the guinea love fest?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by trickiredhead, Jan 16, 2011.

1. trickiredhead

trickiredhead Out Of The Brooder

Oct 26, 2009
    Is that time again for Guinea love fest? My guineas are chasing each other all over the yard, over the fences, up in the trees. They are doing guinea drive-bys on the cats laying out in the sun. The dog has to watch herself out in the yard or they will run her over and its not pretty since all they guineas are bigger than she is. It's hilarious to watch but kinda dangerous if you are not watching where they are going. They even run under the horses hooves which really worries me, one well placed kick from the horse and OOPS game over the guinea loses.
    [​IMG]

2. chickenology

chickenology Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2010
    Ohio
    Well, if that's what you want to call it I guess. My male guinea for the first time this week started chasing the chickens and pulling feathers. The three guineas were raised with the chickens, and I chalked it up to cabin fever, but maybe it is the beginnings of their "love fest" (would certainly explain a lot!!). I had to separate them yesterday, so no more chasing going on here... Definitely unusual behavior for them though. Is it just your males that are chasing the others?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by