Anybody else got Jacob sheep?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by griffin45, Jan 17, 2009.

1. griffin45

griffin45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    South Central Virgina
    I know that Jacobs are a rare breed, but someone else on here has to have some. Jacob sheep are the goats of the sheep family. Quite smart as compared to other sheep and they have to be the best looking sheep of any breed! I like my chickens, and I love the goats, but Jacobs are just plain cool!

2. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:We have a jacob shetland cross ram who has produced a few babies. Sadly none have the double horns though. The babies from him are also jabcob shetland crosses. (mom is pure shetland). So maybe that's one reason for the non-double horns.

3. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    Jacob sheep are one of my two favorite breeds of sheep. Icelandics are my other fav. I hope to have some of both someday..

4. rebecca100

rebecca100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    Arkansas
    I had a pureblood Jacob ram. His name was Dodge.[​IMG] He had four horns but two got knocked off. He tried to play bully with a tractor and lost. Sadly he was killed by my neighbor's dogs last March. I haven't found anyone around in my area that has them or I would get another one. I loved his colors.

5. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't have any, but if I was going to have sheep, that is the breed. I think they are the most unusual looking sheep! They have that wicked Harry Potter look when they have the 4 or 6 horns.

6. griffin45

griffin45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2008
    South Central Virgina
    We are buying three more the first of February and this has to be the only animal I never see talked about on BYC. They are way to cool to leave out. The ram and ewe that we have now are double horn. All of our new ones will be will be Quads. I am hoping for a 6 banger out of the mix. We will be selling them to propigate the species with-in a year I pray...

Have a great day! Chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by