Anybody else set eggs today? Or due around the 29th?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by taraann81, Sep 8, 2009.

1. taraann81

taraann81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    I just set 6 Rock barrs, 10 polish and 2 silkies. Anybody want to share the nail biting with me?

2. duckboatprincess

duckboatprincess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    I'm due the 25th. I'm on day 4 right now. I've got a dozen EE eggs right now.

3. taraann81

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    Oh exciting, I would love some EE's. Have you hatched before?

4. duckboatprincess

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    No and it's in a homemade bator. I'm nervous but I'm very excited! I just candled and all 12 of the eggs show development.

5. taraann81

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    I'm not nearly so talented as to make a homemade bator and I too would be terrified, I have my old hovabator and then my genesis, my genesis has gone haywire on me and I don't trust it so I'm back to my old trusty 2362 n. I trust it and it gives me great hatches.

6. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    I set 19 silkies on Saturday at 5 pm so we are due on the 26th. This is my 1st hatch so I am super nervous [​IMG]

7. duckboatprincess

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    It was a lot easier than I thought to build it. The hardest thing has been getting the temperature regulated. I had a spike or two of 110 and a low of 85, so I was shocked to see the formation of the babies. I'm super nervous and super excited! Good luck you guys...

8. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    Quote:What are you seeing on day 4? I am 3 hours in, do you think I could see anything yet?

9. taraann81

Apr 9, 2009
    Ontario
    You may POSSIBLY see something on day 4, on day 5 I can be pretty confident whats developing and whats not but I never toss anything until day 10 just to be positive. The more you hatch the more you candle the earlier you can see the development.

10. duckboatprincess

Apr 21, 2009
    Grand Blanc, MI
    On day four I can see the embryo (a little dot on the yolk) and the veins coming off of it. I was suprised that I could see much of anything. I didn't see anything until today. I doubt you'll see anything after 3 hours. This site is really neat to kind of see what is going on at each stage.

Mink Hollow Farm

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by