Anybody else started on their gardens this year.

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by bbuckler620, Feb 15, 2013.

1. bbuckler620

bbuckler620 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2013
    Killeen,Tx
    I have packman broccoli,black seeded simpson lettuce,buttercruch lettuce,carrots and big boy tomatoes planted
    so far.

[​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    You have gardens, and I have snow. [​IMG]

3. SFHomestead

SFHomestead New Egg

Feb 12, 2013
    Southern Michigan
    I am attempting to grow a basement garden this year(indoor grow lights, and various pots and trays with some natural sunlight coming through the south window). I have spinach, a leaf lettuce(can't remember exact type), radishes, cucumbers, spaghetti squash, and butternut squash. I also just got a ton of heirloom seeds in that I will be sprouting in my basement in the next couple of weeks. Can't really transplant outside until middle of May here in Michigan.

4. chickenjudy

chickenjudy Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2013
    I'm in north Texas and have 3 types of onions, 3 types of potatoes, several types of asparagus, spinach, mesclun, radishes, herbs, peas, cabbage, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, collards, cabbage and rhubarb in the ground. Will be doing turnips and carrots this week, too. I love spring!!

5. bbuckler620

Feb 15, 2013
    Killeen,Tx
    I have not started potatoes yet I need to soon.

6. chickenjudy

Jan 8, 2013
    This is my first time attempting potatoes. Not sure what to expect or how soon to think they will start growing? Anxious to see progress! LOL!

7. bbuckler620

Feb 15, 2013
    Killeen,Tx
    I thinking about trying them this way

8. chickenjudy

Jan 8, 2013
    I've seen a lot of people growing them in various containers lately. Let me know how it works out if you do!

9. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    I can't get in my garden yet. I need to run the tiller thru once more but it has been raining about every other day and it's to wet.

10. 3forfree

3forfree Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
    We got 8in of snow last week and the temps have been in the teens so it isn't melting, and we're scheduled for another blast on tuesday and wednesday. We usually can't get into the garden until about april or may.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by