Anybody ever order from Townline Hatchery??

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by slaghunter, Dec 19, 2009.

1. slaghunter

slaghunter Out Of The Brooder

Dec 21, 2008
    Stafford, VA
    Just sitting at home on a snowy day in Virginia (few and far between) dreaming about this spring's new additions to my flock. [​IMG] I would like to do some meaties this year so any experience would be helpful. They offer two hybrids:

Vantress X Arbor (AA70) Cross - One of the great ones -- two of the best known broiler strains combined to
    give you the ultimate in broilers -- fast growth, improved conversion, extra
    stamina, and livability.

The Hubbard White Mountain Broiler - It is a quiet bird, extremely fast growing, well-feathered and has excellent
    conformation. It is the type that many hatcheries refer to as "cornish cross"
    and is fully capable of reaching a weight of 4 lbs. in 6 to 7 weeks.
    They also make excellent roasters, rapidly attaining the 7 to 8 lbs.
    required for this type of bird. The pullets ay a reasonable amount of eggs
    for several months if not allowed to become too fat.

Any experience with either one of these? [​IMG] The cost is the same for both. $100.00 for 100 birds straight run.

Thanks. [​IMG]

2. slaghunter

slaghunter Out Of The Brooder

Dec 21, 2008
    Stafford, VA
    Anybody out there??

3. Brunty_Farms

Brunty_Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Ohio
    LoL.... I'm out here but I don't order from them.

Check with Jaku... he orders from them. I think everyone that I have talked to said they do really well. I don't think you will have a problem with them. Personally I would go with the Vantress cross.

4. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    A good friend of mine orders Hubbard White Mountain Crosses from Townline and swears by them.

5. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    I have raised them for years. Very good chicks. I am prejedues because I drive for Townline. No you will get very good chicks any week of the year. If you have any questions just PM me.
    www.townlinehatchery.com

6. jaku

jaku Chillin' With My Peeps

Yup, I get all my birds from Townline. They are great. I've never had a dead bird on arrival, and my survival rate is excellent, although I only live about 1.5 hours drive from them, so they don't travel too far.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by