anybody ever use Tylan soluble?

technodoll

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I've put two of my birds on it today around lunchtime (for brochitis -like symptoms) but wasn't sure of the dosage, the indications on the bottle were very confusing.

Ended up dosing 1 gram of powder in half a litre of water - was that OK?

Anybody had success getting a sick chicken back to health with Tylan soluble?

Thank you!
smile.png

I've used Tylan soluble with excellent results. The directions ARE confusing.

The dosage is 1 teaspoon to a gallon of water or 1/2 teaspoon to 1/2 gallon of water because you are treating such a small amount of chickens. Make fresh solution each day and make sure this is the only source of water they have. Use for 7 days.

Tylan is 'funny' to mix. You have to add the water to the Tylan and not the Tylan to the water. I put the desired amount of Tylan in a clean DRY glass jar with a lid. I add some of the premeasured water, put the top on the jar and shake well. I then mix that in with the remaining water and stir. Hope this helps. I've had great success with it. Because respiratory diseases are so contagious you can reintroduce the 2 sick hens back with the others and treat the whole flock. You will probably have to treat everyone in the future.

Just a helpful note for everyone. The label on the bottle of Tylan has an 800 number to call the manufacturer if you have any questions. When I had questions I called that number and actually spoke with a veterinarian. She was most helpful.

Thank you - I think I have the dosage right because after 24 hours I'm already seeing SPECTACULAR results!

ep.gif

One of my birds pooped in her water dish overnight so she obviously didn't drink the meds, she showed no improvement this morning. But the other one, the really sick one who had been choking on his phlegm the past 5 weeks is now CLEAR!!

I'm afraid to hope for such good results so soon but dang!! I'm just floored!

It's a little pricey but it does work. Make sure you use if for the entire 7 days.

Glad one is feeling better....the other one will too.

I tell you what.... This Tylan antibiotic is a miracle drug. I use both the soluble powder OR the Tylan 50 injectable (given orally) when I have a problem. I swear by it.
I tried several different things before with little result. I think I'll stick with Tylan from now on. I just don't trust anything else!

Edited to say.... I called the 800 on the bottle of the soluble. They said the dosing is (ONE heaping tea spoon per TWO gallons of water.) Put the Tylan in the mixing container FIRST then add the water!

Last edited:
I haven't seen the Tylan soluble, only Tylan 50.
Where did you purchase it?

It sure would make treating several chickens easier.

When you give Tylan 50, what is the dosage you use? Orally and injectable.

Thanks
Jean

I agree with Tylan user out there, chicks given Tylan 50 orally or injectable recovery faster than most of the stuff out there. Tylan water soluble type for large flocks, but if the chick too ill to drink Tylan 50 is the miracle answer.

Back
Top Bottom