1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anybody going to be hatching around March 22?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SoccerMomof7, Mar 2, 2009.

1. SoccerMomof7

SoccerMomof7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Well I am going through my first hatch and looking for others with the hatch days around the same time.

2. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    This is my FIRST hatch too. and my ducks (fingers crossed) should be due on march 23rd. IF all goes well. I sure hope so.

i'm dealing with no fan and no turner, so im terrified

I wish you luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2009
  3. SoccerMomof7

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Well I have a fan but no turner so I am with you there. Mine are in a egg carton that I cut up for air to get to the eggs, so I have been putting something under each end to prop it up so I don't have to take the time to turn each one.

4. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:sounds like im doing the same thing you are. i cant wait to see if our hatches work out. i sure hope so!

5. jj ranch

jj ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    im hatching chicken and ducks the 23rd... i hope lol [​IMG] hey soccermom, you are from kansas???!!! me too [​IMG] wichita area. good vibes to all [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. pegasuschick

pegasuschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Great Pacific NW
    Yeah, on the 19th and the 22nd. Blue Andalusian and Dominique bantams on the 19th and silver laced wyandottes on the 22nd.
    Gina [​IMG]

7. Huny

Huny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2008
    Sunny Southern Arizona
    My first hatch...ever. I hope it hatches on the 21 or 22 (I don't know if I am counting the days right I started them Feb. 28th.) See other post about getting the incubator too hot I might not have any hatching [​IMG]

8. SoccerMomof7

Apr 13, 2008
    Kansas
    Yep I am from Hutchinson, KS. My dad lives in wichita, I went to school there.

Yay we have starting a nice little groupfa to hold hands with, because I am already nervous! I am dieing for another couple days to candle for the first time to see how many are even fertile.

I started my eggs the night of 3/1, so hopefully we will all hatch around the same days. What kind of incubator is everyone using?

9. hobbychick

hobbychick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2007
    Illinois
    My chicks are due on the 20th. I can't wait. This is going to be the longest month ever. I also have my eggs in cartons, but my shelves shift back and forth so I have just been shifting them 3 times a day. Humidity has been about 50 and temp about 99 so I feel as if everything is going ok for now!!![​IMG]

10. egggarden

egggarden Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2008
    Central Wisconsin
    I've got eggs under broody hens - both clutches set to hatch March 20/21. Our BO is sitting on 11, and the Buff Leghorn/Cochin cross is sitting on 6.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by