1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anybody going to incubate eggs next month? (April)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Skitz, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    is anyone incubating in April? I am!!! [​IMG] Im going to buy an incubator since my last hatch was terrible!!!!! the chicks hatched but the incubator stopped working!!! I was about to die! [​IMG] but then I got a heat lamp and place the eggs in a box and covered it and placed cups filled of water and they still hatched!! [​IMG] so thats why im incubating next month lol if I had my incubator I would of incubate right now! Im placing some of my mutt eggs in there and some im purchasing of of a BYCer's. I hope this time it works well! =]

2. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    most definitely! i usually have eggs in there all the time [​IMG]

3. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    If I can find a steady supply of eggs, I hope to hatch about 90 a week!!! I am getting the 1402 sportsman today!! YAY!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:WOW! I wish I could buy one [​IMG]

5. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Im going to try some mutt eggs this time! =] I want to see how the come out!

6. Nicola

Nicola Chook Cuddlin' Aussie

Feb 23, 2009
    ACT
    i mught be getting some if i can get my bator up an running adn i have one at school hatching nxt month yay

7. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    its cool hatching at school but i never did =[

8. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    I am starting some Blue Swedish ducks, Cayugas, Pekin, Rouens and Magpies on the 1st! I'm so excited, they will be my first ducks [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  9. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    Quote:How long does it take a duck to hatch? I have a duck I bought it at the feed store Im still guessing what gender it is lol

10. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Quote:How long does it take a duck to hatch? I have a duck I bought it at the feed store Im still guessing what gender it is lol

Most take 28 days, however Muscovys take 35. So longer than chicks which will drive me crazy lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by