Anybody good at reading Ultrasound Photos?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by ShellyBlanco, Feb 21, 2019.

1. YES

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. NO

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. ShellyBlanco

ShellyBlanco Songster

Aug 20, 2018
    Colerain, North Carolina
    My daughter had a confirmation of pregnancy ultrasound. There was a baby and about a week later the Doctor called her and said she needed to get with her baby doctor because he is quite sure it is mono twins. Any input? Newbaby.png Newbaby2.png

2. BYCforlife

BYCforlife Free Ranging

Mar 18, 2017
    Alberta, Canada
    I have no idea, but I am interested to see what others have to say!

3. PenguinsCraft

PenguinsCraft Formal Chicken

Oct 28, 2013
    Custer, Kentucky USA
    Mono Twins means he suspects identical twins. 2 babies, with a shared sack and placenta. Twin pregnancy needs more care, no real worry, just more monitoring. I have a set of fraternal twins.

BTW Congrats !

4. ShellyBlanco

ShellyBlanco Songster

Aug 20, 2018
    Colerain, North Carolina
    Do you see twins in the ultrasound, the pregnancy was at about twelve weeks at the time.

5. PenguinsCraft

Oct 28, 2013
    Custer, Kentucky USA
    The first one looks like there may be two. But I am not an expert.
    I was 20 weeks when we found out I was expecting twins. Was a bit of a shock. My husband had to tell me after the tech left the room to get the doctor.

6. ShellyBlanco

ShellyBlanco Songster

Aug 20, 2018
    Colerain, North Carolina
    According to the Doctor (and Utrasound Tech (Nurse doing it for many years) thinks in the third picture they are sitting side by side. My daughter has an appointment for next Thursday with her baby doctor from her first pregnancy. Her Grandma was a mono identical. I'm excited and anxious until she gets under her doctors' care.

7. PenguinsCraft

Oct 28, 2013
    Custer, Kentucky USA
    We found out later that my one uncle had been a twin that passed soon after birth. My husband had twins on both sides of his family tree. Until we had the twins, nobody, ever talked about twins in our families. We are also the only ones in either family that has had twins in almost 70 years.

8. ShellyBlanco

ShellyBlanco Songster

Aug 20, 2018
    Colerain, North Carolina
    Wow! That is amazing. I'm sure it has been very eventful. How old are your twins now?

9. PenguinsCraft

Oct 28, 2013
    Custer, Kentucky USA
    12 yr old boys will be 13 in a few months. Then I will have 4 teens in the house and two more to go.

10. Twins are notorious for hiding in utero. Our 2nd was always really difficult to pick up. He would skitter behind his brother. Used to really frustrate my doctor. Twins in utero are nothing to twins outside. :he Congratulations! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: