Anybody got a blue front Amazon looking for a home?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by amazondoc, Jun 14, 2008.

1. amazondoc

amazondoc Cracked Egghead

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Hey guys, thought I'd give this a shot --

I've got three Amazons -- one blue front female, and a pair of double yellow heads. The female BFA and the female DYH grew up together, and the male DYH recently joined them. Unfortunately, the addition of the male has skewed the group dynamic a bit, and the BFA is feeling a little left out.

Sooooooo, I'm looking for another BFA who might need a new home -- or possibly another Amazon species of the same size or smaller. I'd prefer a second female, or a laid back male. My current three birds are in a cage measuring roughly 6 feet x 6 feet x 4 feet, more or less. After I get moved, they'll be in an even larger cage. And if the two pairs decide they can't coexist in the same cage together, I'll be happy to build another.

I have extensive experience with Amazons and other parrots, including PhD level research in Amazon behavior. Any bird would have a safe home with me!

I'm located in TN. I'll travel a reasonable distance....say, 200 miles or so....to pick up a bird. Just let me know, thanks!

2. duckman

duckman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    michigan
    i dont have any but those are pretty cool

3. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Quote:Yep, I'm keeping an eye out there too. [​IMG]

4. poussin_noir

poussin_noir Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Katrine, Ontario
    Good luck with your search!
    Have you checked out any exotic bird rescues in your area?
    I've got a mitred conure myself.

5. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Hiya --

I will be speaking to local bird clubs (there aren't any local dedicated parrot rescues here) after I get moved. I thought I'd post here to look for birds who needed homes but who hadn't made it to the safety of a real rescue yet. [​IMG]

6. birdnutz

birdnutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2007
    wyoming
    I don't know if you're interested in buying one or not. But this place is real resonable on their prices. birdfinderinc.com

7. amazondoc

Mar 31, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    Thanks for the post, but I'm not interested in brokers.

I'm a rescue person. My main rescue activity is doberman rescue, but two of my three Amazons are also rescues. If I ended up buying a bird, I'd go to a private breeder -- not a business. But thanks for thinking of me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by