Anybody got pics of your pond? Goldfish/Koi etc..

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ro.netcmarie, May 6, 2009.

1. ro.netcmarie

ro.netcmarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2008
    travelers rest, sc
    wanting to get some ideas on how to build my pond with a waterfall. anybody got some pics of theirs??? also looking to find some water hyacinths around hendersonville nc. if anybody can help Thanks alot.

2. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    no pictures. i am in the doodleing phase of what i will build in 5years. i imagine a 10x10 playhouse coop type of thing.But no coop area, instead some huge tree limbs and mandarin-duck nestingboxes. on the other end i would like a 5-6ft wide and 6-8 foot long and about 24 in deep pond, maybe with a little waterfall feature .some planters with plants that grow on river and lake edges...the shape should be either kidney or something not round or square, something like this
    http://www.pondarama.com/showcase/prods/Opl112.html

3. Krysstyllanthrox

Krysstyllanthrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2008
    Tulsa
    here is a view from the back side of our waterfall of our pond:

[​IMG]

And here is a view looking towards it:

[​IMG]

The pump/filter system for the waterfall itself is hidden in that rock pile. It is a big drum that just has rock stacked arround it.

4. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    Krysstyllanthrox
    Very pretty!

5. Krysstyllanthrox

Krysstyllanthrox Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2008
    Tulsa
    Thank you. I can't take the credit for doing it though. Just maintaining it. The previous homeowners of our house installed the pond. But we love it, it is what made the Hubs fall in love with this house.

6. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    Here's ours! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    This is from our house in town, we moved in Oct to the country.
    It did not have a waterfall, just a fountain but I do miss my fish terribly, they are such fun to watch/feed!

[​IMG]

8. cmcgoun

cmcgoun Chillin' With My Peeps

Here is mine as of last year, today I will try to get the camera out to take a picture of my koi, and the pond.

The waterfall
    [​IMG]

And my big old palm sitting right in front of it
    [​IMG]

9. mom'sfolly

mom'sfolly Overrun With Chickens

Feb 15, 2007
    Austin area, Texas
    I love your ponds! Mine is very small, and I don't have any good pics. I'm going to try to enlarge it this summer, any suggestions?

cmcgoun and 1momma, what kind of pumps, filters, skimmers etc do you have on your ponds?

I have minnows and feeder goldfish in my pond. The raccoons that kept raiding my pond don't like feeder goldfish; they only like fish that cost $5 or more each.

10. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

This is our little pond, I waited 5 years to FINALLY get a little pond! We have always had huge ones, my DH owns a custom pond business and always had a big display! I always wanted something small incorporated in the landscaping!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by