Anybody have a clue? I'm lost here.....

Hezz

Songster
7 Years
Mar 1, 2012
Poconos, Pennsylvania
So my hubby informed me that I have to go pick up 6 chicks tomorrow that he found on Craigslist for free with all supplies. This is exactly what the lady posted as the first sentence in the ad....(I copied and pasted)

"I have six baby hens, only a few weeks old that I need to rehome asap! three redhorn hens and three longhorn hens"

He called her on the phone and she said that they bought them thinking it was something they wanted to get into, but now they don't want them.

What the hell is a Redhorn and a Longhorn????

I am thinking that she might mean Red Leghorn, and White Leghorn. I have NEVER heard of Redhorn or Longhorn being a breed of chicken before.
idunno.gif

Any ideas????

Last edited:
FireTigeris, Well I certainly hope they're not cockerels, she listed them as hens. BUT, she apparently doesn't even know what breed they are, so how would she know what sex they are?! LOL!

Peeka52, LOL! Your post made me laugh as hard as the ad she posted made me laugh, just seeing the little smiley cracking up!

I thought..."what the hell?" when I saw what she listed. I told my hubby there was definately no chicken breed that I ever heard of with those names.

IF I go to get them tomorrow, and that's a BIG IF, I will post pics of them and see what you all think.

Here's a picture:

images

Imp- never doubt me.
roll.png

Now THAT is a LONGHORN!
lau.gif
Hahahaha! Awesome!

Oh, I almost forgot because you have me laughing so hard.....she called last night, after promising the chicks to us, and told my hubby that someone came and picked them up.....RUDE! LOL!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom