is this a decent incubator

therandomhatcher

Chirping
Apr 2, 2021
is it?
wierdsmiley.jpeg

Last edited:
This is something I want to share with you . I had a bad hatch a few years back when the power went off after 10 days ,so I bought an Inverter for my tractor . They can be hooked to just about anything that has a 12 Volt system all I have to do now is if we have a power outage pull up my tractor and hook up the inverter with jumpers and let it idol, it is diesel, barely uses any fuel . IT can sit that way for a long time as long as you check the fuel level from time to time . Good luck ! 🍀

I just did my first hatch with it. Is it good? I have nothing to compare it to. Here's what I do know:

The temp and humidity are not even close. Make sure you have two calibrated thermometers and hydrometers.

Temp is only celcius, so you will need to do some math if your thermometer and hydrometer are farenheit.

One side of the incubator is warmer than the other by about 1 degree F. Not to big a deal, as the turner rotates 180 degrees every 2 hours.

If your house is cooler than 75 degrees, you will need to use the styrofoam cover. Otherwise the incubator will need to be set at 40 C to even reach 100 F inside.

It's not tall enough for chicks to stand up and the try sticking their heads over the fan defuser/baffle thing. Maybe they liked the warm air in their face.

Out of 14 fertile eggs, 13 hatched yesterday, on day 20. One is still in there. I thought it pipped yesterday, but it didn't. Think it was a late quitter.

Mine, which looks just like it so I think they are the same, holds 31 eggs and turns them every 2 hours.
Cool, I'm looking to purchase an incubator in the future and an automatic turner is essential. For one have a 8 hr job and won't be able to turn the eggs and two I'm forgetful at times and would probably forget!! Good luck with your hatching! Keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom