anybody have any pictures of good color on a red cochin?

chasehope

Songster
12 Years
Mar 2, 2007
Eastern Washington
I have a red cochin rooster, who has black in his tail. Is this okay or not? He is a beautiful guy, but I am curious as to wether its correct or not. If anybody has any pictures of a good example I would love to see some.

These were pics of a few Red cochins I saw at Kansas show in 08. The lady I met was one of the few Red Cochin breeders out there, and they were dark, though the pics with the flash might have made them appear lighter. She is from Missouri I think. I am not sure but I think her name was Anna Mae or something like that. The cool thing was that these were some of the best typed "other color" cochins I had seen, and when I mean other color, I mean other than black and white.

These were 2 different males and a female I think...its been a while.

11208016.jpg

11208019.jpg

11208017.jpg

11208004.jpg

11208006.jpg

11208020.jpg

I thnk that this was one of hers too, a really nice SL cochin bantam. Another rarity for me to see as well.

11208007.jpg

Those are very pretty, thanks for posting the pictures for me. I wonder if Ideal's red Cochins are that pretty? Just thinking out loud, because about everything I've seen from Ideal is off color.

Last edited:
I think that its funny that I started this thread in 2007 and never got a response until now! I dont even know what rooster this post was about! I had forgotten I had a red rooster!

Isn't it funny tough how you can post something and never get a response, until someone else posts on that thread.
Anyway I was thumbing through the old unanswered threads starting at the back and found this one so I thought I'd post to see if anyone would answer. I had thought about ordering some Red Cochins from Ideal but wasn't so sure what they would look like and thought why not see if someone would answer.

There is a section for hatcheries and breeders. I have seen threads in there where people post pictures of their birds from that specific hatchery etc, so you might try looking there and see if there are any photos of their red cochins.

Back
Top Bottom