Anybody have Javas?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ninny, Nov 25, 2009.

1. ninny

ninny Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    Does anyone have any info on javas? Id really like to get some in a few years and can't seem to find them or really any breeders. Id like opinion and pics if anyone has them.

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Lee Penny (can't remember his BYC name) has really nice mottled ones. I had a good hatch from his eggs, but I ended up selling that flock because I was cutting back on breeds. Corancher (Ann) has them for sale in the auction section sometimes too.

3. Laney

Laney Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    Spring Hope, NC
    Corancher is getting ready to sell the last eggs of the season. She won't ship over the Holidays and in the cold because of damage to the eggs. I'm am dying to get some Mottled Java's myself but I think it's a dying wish. I'm going out of town the first week in Dec so I won't be able to get the eggs before she stops shipping. By the time I get back I'll be NPIP certified.

After that all my birds will have to come from only NPIP certified flocks and I don't know if she is NPIP certified etc. So I'm at a loss as to where I'll get my Java's. It's breaking my heart. I had a Mottled Java but I lost it to a hawk...and I really miss her a bunch.

Laney

4. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    ninny, Since you are close, why not go to the Eastern Iowa Poultry Show in Iowa City this weekend? You may be able to find a breeder of quality Javas there. I saw Duane Urch's ad in the "Poultry Press" that says he will deliver to the show and he has Black and Mottled Javas. He would be a great one to ask about them. If you do a search on this site for him, a copy of his sales flyer is posted on one of the threads.

I'm in Lee County, IL, and will be going to the show on Saturday to look and learn. I went to the Illini Show in Belvidere in September and it was a very educational trip.

5. ninny

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    Quote:I wish i could i did last year. I have to work though. Does he have email or a website?

6. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
  7. ninny

Jul 1, 2007
    IL side of the QCA
    Thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by