Anybody Have Pictures of Cute Crosses - especially Jersey Giant?

LizzzyJo

Songster
Dec 14, 2018
Northwest Ohio
I am getting a Jersey Giant Roo and I am excited to see what kids of babies I will get! I would love anyone's cross breed pics! My other girls are Lavender, Blue, and Buff Orpingtons, Cream Legbar, Speckled Sussex, and White Maran. Any other crosses would be great to see too!

Also - will the pullet babies of a cream legbar and jersey giant lay blue eggs?

Thanks!

EggSighted4Life

Crossing the Road
Apr 9, 2016
California's Redwood Coast
Hi, welcome to BYC! :frow

Is the JG black or blue or what?

Crossed to the cream legbar... will give you greenish eggs and sex linked chicks... I believe.

The Lav will breed as black... so black chicks.

The white will dominate.. so white chicks of good eatin when crossed to the Marans.

If the cock is black you will get 50% black and 50% blue chicks when crossed to the blue Orp.

Crossed to buff... black with leakage offspring. All will have straight combs.

Check out this tool, it doesn't account for leakage or have every color. The second drop down tab is in English...
http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

Good luck! :pop

LizzzyJo

Songster
Dec 14, 2018
Northwest Ohio
Hi, welcome to BYC! :frow

Is the JG black or blue or what?

Crossed to the cream legbar... will give you greenish eggs and sex linked chicks... I believe.

The Lav will breed as black... so black chicks.

The white will dominate.. so white chicks of good eatin when crossed to the Marans.

If the cock is black you will get 50% black and 50% blue chicks when crossed to the blue Orp.

Crossed to buff... black with leakage offspring. All will have straight combs.

Check out this tool, it doesn't account for leakage or have every color. The second drop down tab is in English...
http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

Good luck! :pop

Wow! Thank you so much that is so helpful! The JG is black. I am so excited to see all these little guys :)
Thanks for the tool too!

Chickem707

Songster
Jul 11, 2018
I have cream legbars hens, Jg hen & fbc maran roo, similar assortment to yours!
Jg x cl should produce lighter blue eggs
Next year I’m crossing Jg with silkie, so if I remember, I’ll post that when it happens!

Latest posts

Top Bottom