Anybody have pictures of Olive Eggers?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chickengirl47, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Chickengirl47

Chickengirl47 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2012
    Louisiana
    Hi, I was wondering what an Olive Egger looks like. I've never seen one. Thanks!

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Since they are cross bred chickens, they can look just about like any EE depending upon the birds used to 'create' them.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Yep, they can look like anything. They can be barred (or I guess cuckoo) if a cuckoo marans is used to make them. Look at easter eggers, the olive eggers will look pretty much the same.

4. dolly85

dolly85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2010
    My EEXWelsummer chicks have turned out various shades of yellow/brown with dark chipmunck stripes. My EEXCuckoo Marans have all came out black with white wing tips and yellow tummies. Some look like they may have barring as they grow older. They are just chicks right now but in a few months if you want pics let me know lol. This is my first time with this cross and I'm excited for a variety of dark green eggs.

5. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    olive eggers are created by crossing a blue/green egg layer to a brown egg layer so they could really look like anything

6. kreagerm

kreagerm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2012
    I have at least one olive egger in my group. And as mentioned, they are a mixed breed so you really don't know what they are gonna look like. But here is my Dora (when she was about 5 months old) and her olive egg (small, because she just started laying, between a leghorn and RIR).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. salt and pepper

salt and pepper Chillin' With My Peeps

I always thought that a mix of a BCM with a black ameraucana would be a beautiful olive egger. have any of you seen this mix?

8. hen101

hen101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2012
    Washington,Pa
    pretty

9. jonaedna

jonaedna Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Here's an olive egger as a pullet............
    [​IMG]
    and as a hen. Essentially she's an easter egger.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Chickengirl47

Chickengirl47 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2012
    Louisiana
    This is my brothers mix breed Olive Egger. (She lays green eggs) She is half Ameraucana.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by