Anybody have room in their hearts and coop for a Special Needs hen?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Moonwalker, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    Most of you have heard the story of Lucky Chickie, the dog massacre survivor who was in a coma for 3 days and although recovered now, does a great imitaion of the town drunk when she walks and I am pretty sure she has double vision!
    I am moving sometime before the end of this month to a place within city limits and can't take her with me. She has been living in the pen with my goats until King'sCalls adopted them a few days ago. (Thank you!) but he couldn't take her, so if someone can give her a good home, let me know.
    She's a Buff Orpington pullet about 5 months old now. (hatched March 03, 2008) SHe eats drinks, scratches etc just fine, no special feeding or care, I just don't know if others would pick on her and she does lose her balance if you scare her. She should lay just fine when she's older, the damage was to her head, not body.
    She would make a nice pet for a kid with a little patience cuz she takes a little while to get used to new people, then she warms up. She also gets agitated when a new dog comes near the pen (gee, wonder why!) but once she sees it can't get in, she's fine, back to pecking at the edge.
    So let me know if anyone out there can take her!

2. ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr

ZykloniaDark-GothikRanchr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Saint Cloud Florida
    I would totally take her, if I were closer :*( I wish you luck though!!

3. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Where in TN are you? We are in Mooresville, NC. Any idea how far that is from you?

4. Moonwalker

Moonwalker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2008
    Washburn, MO
    Quote:*sigh* 210 miles according to MapQuest.
    [​IMG]
    Got any friends or relatives planning a trip to Dollywood?
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by