anybody have some home remedies for an ear ache?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Sore Thumb Suburbanite, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Sore Thumb Suburbanite

Sore Thumb Suburbanite Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    orange county
    Ok, I have an ear ache, the doctor put me on antibiotic pills...yay, I love the side affects I get from antibiotics (I'm really being sarcastic)...
    SO far my ear hurts more now, having been on these pills for 4 days now, and now my ear is LEAKING! eeeewe! Luckily I get to stay home so having a napkin in my ear all day is passible.
    Does anybody have any home remedies for ear aches, or to stop this nasty liquid? I am so grossed out, I wish I didn't ever have to experience this.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2011
  2. maple

maple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    you said "rear" aches. [​IMG]

If it's worse than I'm afraid you need to go to the er...your drum may have ruptured and you don't want irreversible damage. At the er they will drain the fluid and give you some numbing drops.

3. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    The cure may be worse than the earache. My ex's grandmother used to pee in a cup and pour it in his kicking and screaming ear. The bacteria in the pee will kill the ear bacteria. He lived thru it, and he said it works, but IIICCCCCCKKKKYYYY!

4. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    A couple of drops of olive oil in the ear should help with the pain. So will a warm compress. The compress might be safer since you probably have a perforation. Yogurt for the antibiotic side effects. Hope you feel better soon.

ETA: you might need a stronger antibiotic. after 4 days, you should really be feeling better.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  5. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

warm olive oil will help, just don't get it too hot. put a cap full in the micro wave for 3-4 seconds, feel how hot it is when it feels right to you, put some in your ear and keep your head titled so in gos all the way in. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  6. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Have someone blow smoke into your ear.

7. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Steep some garlic and put the luke-warm brew in your ear. We've done this more times than I can count and it never fails.

8. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yup, I use garlic. I just take a dropper and use the liquid from a jar of minced garlic. Put a few drops in each ear, lie on your side for a few, drain it into a tissue, and do the other side. It's like a miracle for ear infections. Every time I do it it's either gone the next day or drastically better and gone the day after that. I do it every few hours for quicker results. Now, I'm not sure if you can have an ear ache from something other than an infection, but that's what I do for ear infections at least. It's a little sticky and yucky, but the results are amazing and FAST.

9. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    my grandma used to put a piece of cotton dipped in rubbing alcohol in my ear when i was little

10. Kschwartz

Kschwartz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Apply a warm water bottle or heating pad to the ear.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by