Anybody Having Quail Today

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Robo, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Robo

Robo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Are any of you eating quail for Thanksgiving? I know I am, if you are how will you cook it?

2. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    Im not but my quail are finally hatching today [​IMG]

3. Hooligan Farm

Hooligan Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2010
    Burlington County, NJ
    Not today but last weekend I stuffed one with brown rice, garlic, and some seasoning. Then baked it. It came out good for my first time cooking one [​IMG]

4. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    I marinate mine in vegetable oil with wine vinegar. then I put Ducks Unlimited poultry rub on it with a little bit of my own dry rub. Then I grill them really slow. I can put them in my turkey fryer too. I just dip them in with the tongs and let it cook. No matter how you cook them they taste good.[​IMG]

5. Omniskies

Omniskies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    We're having turquailkey today; does that count? I spent too much time trying to find the perfect recipe for quail stuffed inside a turkey so I was banned from the kitchen. I get to find out how they finally decided to make it when we finally do dinner [​IMG]

6. Robo

Jul 15, 2010
    Knoxville,TN
    Good luck, and happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  7. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Yeppers I Snuck A Few Bobs And 2 Ring Necks Bacon Wrapped On The Smoker With Our Turkey Breast [​IMG]

8. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    Quote:Me too, or at least they should be. Some of them have been pipped for two days. :S

9. pringle

pringle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Pepperell,MA
    Yeah one of em pipped but isnt doing anything,it might be either dead or tired.

10. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    Quote:This is what I am worried about. I would be so upset if they died, I just lost my only male today. [​IMG] I will be done with the button quail if these guys dont hatch and I really do love the breed. *sigh*

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by