Anybody heard of MG poultry feed?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Brindlebtch, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Songster

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    MG seems to be one of the easiest to obtain locally. I had to look pretty hard for Purina.

Anyway, if anyone is familiar w/ MG I would like to know if you are/were happy with it or not.

2. purpletree23

purpletree23 Songster

May 15, 2009
    What does MG stand for?

3. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Songster

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    On the outside of the bag it says 'Mighty Good' but the feedstore guy just said MG feeds.

4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I have never heard of it. I Googled it and didn't find anything. Maybe it's manufactured by another company. On some products somewhere on the container it will say the manufactures name and "Manufactured for (a company)"

5. Rivka

Rivka In the Brooder

Apr 24, 2009
    I think it is made in Texas...out in Weimer//

http://www.m-ginc.com/

Every feed store around here seems to feed it. It is cheap too. But I use Layena. I did use their feed on our FFA meat chickens

6. siroiszoo

siroiszoo Songster

Apr 30, 2009
    Waller, TX
    Quote:I know this is an old post and you've probably decided for yourself by now, but I've used M-G feeds for most of 20 years; for my chickens & my horses. I've always been pretty happy with.

7. RollerDerbyLexi

RollerDerbyLexi In the Brooder

Oct 17, 2013
    I really think this is a good quality food on the cheap. I paid 8 bucks for 25 lbs of medicated chick starter. It has 20% protein and it looks to be vegetarian. I just moved and am starting up a whole new crop of ladies.

I picked up:
    Black English Orpington
    Splash English Orpington
    Barred Rock
    Welsummer
    Light Brahma
    Buff Brahma
    Gold laced Wyandotte
    Silver Laced Wyandotte

Yes, I have an infinity for large birds. I have read up of chick feed and I'm sticking with the local MG.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: