anybody here a victim of unemployment?

I think EVERYONE in America is suffering (you are only a 'victim' if you allow it) during this 2nd Great Depression.
Our family is well on our way to suffering, we are living on savings now and they won't last long, but I won't allow myself to be a victim. I am going to be one who attempts to fight my way out of this mess.

This country cannot afford to be a welfare state any longer.

Our children will NEVER be able to pay back the debt. The Bush and Obama 'stimulus' spending plans did just the opposite. They did NOT stimulate the economy and now the vast majority of us are suffering because of it. For every story I hear of someone who is working because of the 'stimulus', I hear 9 more about how it has ruined them.

Unfortunately, there are only two things left to do, tax those who are still working and STOP SPENDING, STOP SPENDING, STOP SPENDING. If the unfunded mandates continue, inflation will spiral out of control and the entire nation will end up subject to those that we owe.

Write, call or e-mail your senators and representatives and tell them to STOP SPENDING!!!!!!! It is the only way to recovery for ALL of us.

Last edited:
I am. I got laid off a year ago June and with the new legislation I'm STILL drawing unemployment even though I work part-time. I thought it was done, called UIA because I had a question (long story) and the guy said, "Oh, you're still eligible," and signed me up before I could even say anything.

Honestly, we haven't needed as much as I get in unemployment, although we did use that money to buy a new fridge and a few other things that we needed (high efficiency appliances and stuff like that, a pellet stove).

Quote:
I have been unemployed since Nov 2008. I worked hard for over 30 years and this one company decided on the spur of the moment they no longer needed me. It was not the first time I had lost a job, but this is the first time I was on unemployment. I knew the money would come to an end, so we prepared for it, we cut expenses, have had vehicles that were paid for for years and the only things we owe are Mortgage , utilities and general living expenses. Yes we have Horses, I am thrifty and cutting back on those. The Chickens are going until I just have a few. We get buy, we have food, a roof over our heads and we manage to go out to eat on occassion. This has also forced me to make the decision I have struggled with for years, I am going back to school, ironically this year is 30 years since I graduated High School.

Quote:
I don't want welfare... I've always worked. I've contacted several senators, Lugar sent me a link for welfare and charities! It angered me! I was able to find a job, I had to drive 50 miles daily round trip. I was let go after a board hit me in my left breast and I kept working and did not report it. The place I worked for 12 yrs (my early 20's) closed down, along with lots of other companies. Whirlpool just went to Mexico!

As I said, I don't want welfare. I would like my unemployment benefits that I earned by paying taxes since I was 15, until our government can do something to keep our jobs here in America from going to Mexico or China. And keep the illegals from coming over and taking what little jobs we have! I would LOVE to have a decent paying job. Working at McDonalds won't pay anything. My car is paid for... all we have now is a $400.00 a month mortgage and our ultilities. We've sold anything of value, including our wedding bands.

I agree on the spending part that you commented on too. Do something with the folks that make a career out of welfare! I've been watching alot of cspan, and its crazy the things they do. The passed a bill declaring the 4th National Cowboy Day! I wonder what that cost? They could also quit spending taxpayer money to reward these companies that are shipping our jobs overseas, and bailing out wall street and the banks that caused this mess.

I would love to see NAFTA done away with.

And Obama..... Can you believe he wants to give all the illegals amenisty?
I think he should send them all back, and use homeland security to secure our boarders. That would create jobs, and make the country safer.

I wish we had a real leader in office.
sad.png

and yes we are victims, of greedy corperate America, and the Government that allows them to get away with it.
I am a fighter, and am doing everything possible to get out of this mess.

Last edited:
Quote:
I don't want welfare... I've always worked. I've contacted several senators, Lugar sent me a link for welfare and charities! It angered me! I was able to find a job, I had to drive 50 miles daily round trip. I was let go after a board hit me in my left breast and I kept working and did not report it. The place I worked for 12 yrs (my early 20's) closed down, along with lots of other companies. Whirlpool just went to Mexico!

As I said, I don't want welfare. I would like my unemployment benefits that I earned by paying taxes since I was 15, until our government can do something to keep our jobs here in America from going to Mexico or China. And keep the illegals from coming over and taking what little jobs we have! I would LOVE to have a decent paying job. Working at McDonalds won't pay anything. My car is paid for... all we have now is a $400.00 a month mortgage and our ultilities. We've sold anything of value, including our wedding bands.

I agree on the spending part that you commented on too. Do something with the folks that make a career out of welfare! I've been watching alot of cspan, and its crazy the things they do. The passed a bill declaring the 4th National Cowboy Day! I wonder what that cost? They could also quit spending taxpayer money to reward these companies that are shipping our jobs overseas, and bailing out wall street and the banks that caused this mess.

I would love to see NAFTA done away with.

And Obama..... Can you believe he wants to give all the illegals amenisty?
I think he should send them all back, and use homeland security to secure our boarders. That would create jobs, and make the country safer.

I wish we had a real leader in office.
sad.png

and yes we are victims, of greedy corperate America, and the Government that allows them to get away with it.
I am a fighter, and am doing everything possible to get out of this mess.

thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
To both of you!!
We NEED another George Washington. He absolutely did NOT want the office. Thats what we need again. A PATRIOT with NO agenda except whats good/right for this nation. He made mistakes like every other mortal, but he played a pivitol role in keeping the union together post Revolution. If he were here today, he'd be rallying the Minutemen again.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom