Anybody in Colorado with hatching eggs?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by LoneCowboy, Dec 13, 2007.

1. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I need a few standard size layer hatching eggs. Anybody in Colorado or close that might have some?

2. Sherriekim

Sherriekim Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Southwest Idaho
    Hi there, when you say close, do you mean close enough you can pick up? I'm in Idaho, so I pick up would be out of the question, but closer than the east coast as far as shipping distance. I have 13 very hardy standard layers that have kept right on laying through the cold, I get at least 9+ eggs a day and I'm home all day so check for eggs often. Parents are purebred, but many different kinds, so chicks will be mixed. As far as cost, whatever it costs to ship and maybe a dollar or two for packing supplies. Probably not what you are looking for, but I just thought I would offer.

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    I'm looking just close so to avoid some of the P.O. issues. So yeah, Idaho is close. I had a disasterious first attempt. I'm hoping for better the next time through. I need about nine, but prefer not to have bantams if possible. Not that I don't like them, I think they are cute as heck, but I'll need to be able to rehome them if necessary and not a lot of bantam folks around here. I've got to get this State converted to Chickens or something. [​IMG]

4. Sherriekim

Sherriekim Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Southwest Idaho
    I only have standards laying right now, all of my banties, the Mille's, cochins, frizzles, silkies are taking the winter off! If you are interested, I will gather eggs for two days and send you the best 12 to make sure you get 9 after shipping. I will pick up some bubble wrap this weekend when I'm out Christmas shopping and if you PM me your address, I will see what it will take to ship and let you know $ so you can decide if you want to go ahead or not. Does that work? If you have any other questions, just let me know. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by