1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anybody know about Mt Healthy hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by spock78, Jun 21, 2007.

1. spock78

spock78 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2007
    Here's a link that I found. I was thinking of ordering their meat bird special, which don't sound bad to me, but after looking at other things on the site, wasn't sure how dependable they were.

Oops! Sorry. Here's the link:
    http://www.mthealthy.com/

Hope that works.

2. versamorgans

versamorgans New Egg

Apr 7, 2007
    i ordered from them 10 wks. ago. all but one servived. they were on time with there del. date. i would highly recomend them.

3. Country Gal

Country Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Capac, MI
    Looks interesting... I'd definitely be willing to try them when I get around to doing meat birds... at 0.26 each, how can you go wrong???

4. Cheeks

Cheeks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2007
    Ohio
    i live like 30-45 minutes from this hatchery. ive seen the facilities, and i have to say that i was impressed.

it was pretty clean for a hatchery. and not overcrowded either.
    they also have a fenced in area that they let the older hens roam. it was pretty nice.

5. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    Only $0.26 EACH? OMG! I am SO glad I read this post before I confirmed my order! We are getting 40 Cornish this time around and our hatchery sells them for $0.70 each. I thought THAT was a bargain! Wow~! If anyone has had a bad experience please let me know before I hit the submit order button! Thanks! [​IMG]

EDIT: Ah, its not the Cornish Cross and thats where they stick ya. Bummer. I was gonna order there too. [​IMG] I would be safe at guessing that their meat combo is just left over cockerels so its a guessing game as to what you get, and you have to feed them longer because they grow slower and thats why they are so cheap. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  6. Cheeks

Cheeks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2007
    Ohio
    i got my girls from ideal because mt healthy wasnt shipping when i wanted them.

but as i said, i was impressed with the facility, and the birds were good looking.

i didnt look for meat birds though, so i cant confirm anything on that.

7. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    What kind of chicks did they send for that price? Sounds like a great deal!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by