Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by t_4_turtle, May 10, 2011.

1. t_4_turtle

t_4_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    Ok, Im new to chickens but I would like to know what kind of chicken looks really pretty to me. I have seen some a while back but I forgot the name. I think it has something to do with a lavender color. to me it almost looks silvery, grayish, purplish. I know I don't really know what I'm talking about but if any one can help...Thanks! Ill try to google different birds to see if i can get a picture.

2. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    I was probably an Orpington. I think there is someone on here experimenting with a Lavendar Orpington. I don't know where to send you to look for the posts.. But maybe if there is a search feature on here, type in Lavendar Orpington and see what you get. I never noticed if you can do a search on here or not.

3. t_4_turtle

Apr 19, 2011
    I also remember I saw the bird on byc. maybe in the week before Easter when I got my chick. someone was asking what color bird they had, and someone replied with a pic of their bird. that bird was so beautiful! i want one like that. I know I'm crazy....

4. Celtic Chick

Celtic Chick Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2011
    SE Wis
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
  5. t_4_turtle

Apr 19, 2011
    As nice as the are (Lavendar Orpington ) it was not that breed. Thanks anyway! Now you know how crazy i am.

6. sevenbabychicks

sevenbabychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2010
    Saint Paul, MN
    There are lavender color forms of many breeds. The one that's the most familiar to me are lavender orpingtons, but I think I've read about lavender Ameraucanas and cochins on BYC. It's one of my favorite chicken colors too [​IMG] I wonder how you go about making a lavender bird? A blue gene crossed with white?

7. t_4_turtle

Apr 19, 2011
    I think the main post said what color or something like that. the pic of their bird was a single bird in the shot. the next person said looks like my "bird" and if it is this is what mine looks like. Oh I wish i had a little bit more memory..but when i saw that persons bird it took my breath away...i said WOW out loud. I just want to know what kind it was. [​IMG]

8. sevenbabychicks

sevenbabychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2010
    Saint Paul, MN
    was it a post on BYC?

9. t_4_turtle

Apr 19, 2011
    yes. I got my chicken on april 17. I dont remember looking on byc till then. but I have become some what of an addict [​IMG] I love chickens!

10. t_4_turtle

Apr 19, 2011
    also was not a bantam. (as if that helps)[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by