1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anybody know what these babies are???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CountryGirl in TN, May 27, 2008.

1. CountryGirl in TN

CountryGirl in TN Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2008
    Lewisport, KY
    I have ten new babies that are 3 days old, and the little black one is about 2- 2 1/2 weeks old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I don't have any guesses, but they sure are cute!

3. amysue2012

amysue2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2007
    Montpelier Ohio
    Are the striped ones smaller? Maybe banams of some breed? Just guessing.

4. CountryGirl in TN

CountryGirl in TN Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2008
    Lewisport, KY
    The lady I got them from said that the mama of some of them is a game hen, but she doesn't know what kind??? The mama of the rest of them (and I don't even know which ones) is possibly a Delaware. Here is a pic of her

[​IMG]

5. bluebirdfarm

bluebirdfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

don't know the chicks , but if that is cedar shavings , u should remove it and get PINE .[​IMG]

6. Carolyn

Carolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    Your last two look like a couple of the chicks I got this spring. The black one looks like my astrolop, mostly black with those white feathers showing up unexpectedly.

The other with the chipmunk looking strips on his back looks like mine that is some time of old english game.
    However I am new at this.

By the way, I am from Huntingdon in west TN. Are you anywhere near by per chance????
    Carolyn

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

OMGOSH Yes if that is cedar remove right away..your chicks may die from it! Anyway, yours look EXACTLY like mine and the chipmunk looking one is prob a brown sex link pullet (that's what mine is for sure)...the white chipmunk one prob a male brown sex link (the browns are sexed by color) and the little yellow one...does it have feather feet? I can't tell...if so it's prob a salmon faverolle (if it has five toes) otherwise it may be a leghorn too, the yellow with the red on the back is prob a red sex link. And the black one is either a black sex link or maybe an astrolarp. Where did you get them? If you got them from your feed store or from TSC then they are prob sex links and a leghorn. Good luck! They are sure adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by