Anybody knows the breeds of these little chickens

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by luludaxia, Sep 14, 2016.

1. luludaxia

luludaxia Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2016
    [​IMG]

I bought these little chickens for two months. They do not seem to be growing. They are just a little bigger than a quail. Anybody has any idea of what breeds are they?

2. CatMom

CatMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2013
    Binghamton
    I'm no expert, but to me they look like mixed-breed(?) bantams, especially if they are not growing. Looks to me as if the nearer one, the one with the much larger, red comb, is most likely a rooster/cockerel, while the other may be more likely to turn out as a hen/pullet. I wouldn't swear to it, but they could be Swedish Flower Hens... if there is a bantam division of those. Otherwise, I'm seeing a pretty pair of splash bantams, maybe bantam SFH's. Could they be Fayoumis Good luck with those two?

3. chickcrack

chickcrack Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    They may be Old English Game Bantam (or OEGB) if you want to search on here for some pics. There's many colour variations in that breed. If that's what they are they are good little birds, go broody often and lay decent eggs for their size!

4. chickcrack

chickcrack Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    PS agree with catmom the front one looks like a roo

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree too

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Mixed breed, for sure one cockerel, I can't see the other one well enough to tell.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by