anybody live close to west liberty Ky?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gapeachy, Jan 28, 2009.

1. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    My dh is driving tommorow night to west liberty Ky to pick up some goats and I dont know about the weather there.....is power down and roads closed?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Nope, but I hope he has a safe trip....

3. country lady

country lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    NW Tennessee
    I don't know where Liberty, KY is but I am from the Obion County TN area originally and they have real problems over there. The news this morning said 385,000 people in KY are without power. Here in west TN, we were out most of Tuesday and all day (24 hours) Wednesday. My aunt lives in Fulton, KY, the others in Union City. Hope your dad is ok.

4. AussieSharon

AussieSharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Virginia
    I have family about 40 minutes from Liberty KY and as of last night they were without power. Not sure about Liberty.

5. Mojo Chick'n

Mojo Chick'n Empress of Chickenville

I'm in Columbia KY - it's hit and miss around here some folks have power, some don't. The roads aren't TOO bad, but there is some flooding over some backroads. (hence the closed schools today)

We never lost power, ourselves (down by Breeding, actually, 12 miles south of Columbia) but a friend 10 miles away hasn't had power for a day and a half.

It is cold this morning, so the roads are a bit slick in places, probably, but overall, I think this area is probably safe enough if you drive carefully.

Oh, btw Columbia is about 20 miles or so from Liberty (south west of Liberty).

I've been to Liberty once, and if I recall correctly, the 127 as it goes through there is pretty good road. Tell him if he has time to grab lunch at Bread of Life (restaurant) - he won't regret it (mmmm good food - have him bring ya home some Pumpkin Fudge). It is right on the 127 near town.

meri

6. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    yum I will tell him to try to get lunch there....it will be my dh and son.....It is a goat farm called Cantrell boer goats farm....I hope they make it thru ok and back home safe

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by