Anybody make Morrocan Style Lamb?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TheNewMrsEvans, May 4, 2009.

1. TheNewMrsEvans

TheNewMrsEvans Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Big Sur, CA
  2. lisahaschickens

lisahaschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    Moroccan food is wonderful and that recipe you are using gets extremely high ratings - four forks on average from 106 reviews with 97% would make it again - that's practically a perfect score, so I don't think you can go wrong and I think it's a great use for the stew meat. Epicurious is a great resource with very helpful reviewers. I think you made an excellent choice.

The lamb chops, when you're ready to cook them, should be done quickly and simply.

Do you have loin chops (look like tiny T-bones) or rib chops (like a lollipop)?

Either way, cook them as you would beef - it should be rare to medium rare if you like red meat cooked on the rare-ish side. Fresh lamb has such a wonderful flavor that you don't need to dress it up much, but can become tough, dry, and strongly-flavored if you overcook it, at least in my opinion.

Chops should be done on the grill or under the broiler with a little salt and pepper or seasoning salt and then server plain or with a mint sauce or mint jelly. Also, a yogurt, lemon and garlic marinade before grilling is a wonderful option.

Enjoy your lamb meat!

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  3. TheNewMrsEvans

TheNewMrsEvans Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2008
    Big Sur, CA
    do you know what that yogurt sauce they serve with indian food is? i have plain yogurt, so I was thinking of making some to go with this...I'm also making mango couscous [​IMG] I really hope this tastes as good as it smells!

4. lisahaschickens

lisahaschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    yep, it's called "raita" - you can google it. There are some good, simple recipes for it on Epicurious too. Generally, it's just cucumber, mint, yogurt... really good, though. The Greek version is called "tzatziki" and has garlic and cucumber and sometimes mint. They are very similar, easy, good, and good for you. This Easter and last easter, my family and I roasted whole lambs on a spit and made tzatziki and flat bread to go with it - easy, tasty, wonderful.

5. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Food Network had a recipe for a lamb tagine with apricots that's pretty awesome.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by