Anybody Put Eggs In Bator Today

fowlmamma

Songster
10 Years
Jan 4, 2010
northeastern pa
TODAY I PUT 48 PHEASANT EGGS ,30 TURKEY, AND 15 GUINEA EGGS IN THE BATORS I HAVE 4 BATORS RUNNING . I HOPE MY OUTLETS CAN HANDLE THEM. IM THINKING IM GOING TO CAUSE A POWER OUTAGE .
hide.gif
. TOMORROW 8 MORE DZ OF PHEASANTS GOING IN . ANYBODY WITH ME?

I am placing 17 BLRWs in the bator tomorrow, they just arrived today. Supposed to get some Millie Fleur d'uncles later this week--so i will be staggering my hatches. I knew I was in trouble when I did embryology for the classroom, I fell right back into the vortex of being chicken obsessed again. My 6 year old son is right there with me now lol

A six year old is the worst kind of enabler
smile.png

I am struggling NOT to put any more eggs in the box this week!

But there's a poultry swap this weekend and if I sell a bunch it's quite likely I'll succumb and set more Saturday night.

This morning I put 6 Narragansett turkey eggs in the bator.

There were already 10 GoldNeck & 1 MF d'Uccle eggs in there from Tuesday.

Tonight I'll fill in the empty space with showgirl x silkie eggs to test hatch...

I just received 8 eggs from another byc member. They are blue orpingtons. This is my 2nd batch. My very first batch I had 9 out of 24 eggs hatch. I hope to have better results this time. My first eggs almost half were clear so I hope my new eggs will be more fertile. My 9 chicks are doing well and I can't wait for more.
love.gif
I am using a Brinsea 20 eco and it seemed to take good care of me for my fist hatch. Good luck everyone!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom