Anybody raising Golden Hulseys?

Pumpkin King

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 2, 2012
I've been raising Pumpkin "Golden Hulseys" well really for 40 years, but the earler breeds I had was a mixture of red and lemon colors, you never knew what you were going to get from a hatch. I've since searched, purchased, and crossbred to get these, which are better birds, and much more beautiful. goldenhulseyfarms

I've been raising Pumpkin "Golden Hulseys" well really for 40 years, but the earler breeds I had was a mixture of red and lemon colors, you never knew what you were going to get from a hatch. I've since searched, purchased, and crossbred to get these, which are better birds, and much more beautiful. goldenhulseyfarms

Beautiful birds, I myself am working with a Self buff bird to Isolate Dominant Dilute which makes normal gold tone into a lemon color, I love the way the golden hackle and saddle looks, thats what I´m shooting for, but on a Blac/Blue Body like Black Breasted Lemon

Edit, what self buff has anything to do with these birds? well I belive they share many genes(like Dilution of ground color, tail Restriction, Wheaten background)

Last edited:
Please keep me informed if you suceed, I agree, it would be awesome!! It's just so hard to do, with other colors being more dominant in some breeds, I've crossed with greys, and these are some pretty birds as well.

Please keep me informed if you suceed, I agree, it would be awesome!! It's just so hard to do, with other colors being more dominant in some breeds, I've crossed with greys, and these are some pretty birds as well.
I´m Using Birchen ER(Brown Red) as dominant e allele to segregate Di, I have a promising young cockerel that I will be crossing back to wildtype(BBR or Silver Duckwing) Game hens

I believe him to be Homozygous for Dilute(lemon color) we´ll see, I´ll keep you guys posted(seems like Dilute also dilutes blue to a light blue color)

I´m doing a Thread about my progress here http://www.the-coop.org/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=106278#Post106278 you may want to check it out

Cool Stuff nicalandia!! Love that coloring...sounds like and looks like you're pinpointing the genes!! Great Work!! goldenhulseyfarms

Cool Stuff nicalandia!! Love that coloring...sounds like and looks like you're pinpointing the genes!! Great Work!! goldenhulseyfarms
I´ll be crossing that boy to Black Breasted Red game hens so I can get Black Breasted Lemon or something close to it
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom