Anybody REALLY good with photoshop? Oh PCCCCCCCCCCCC!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Nov 7, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I would dearly love to have a certain pic to use on our Christmas cards.
    The dog on the floor in front of my rocker, the cats in the rocker and one, maybe two of my hens on the back of the rocker.
    Jax and KiKi would cooperate but Kitty won't allow herself to be within 10 ft. of Jax, KiKi hasn't seen a chicken yet (and may decide she likes them a little bit too much) and though he's been taught to ignore them, the chickens scream every time they see Jax.

Would photoshop be the answer? We don't have it on either computer and I don't know a thing about using it.

We theorized that we would need to photograph the three groups seperately - Jax, then the cats, then the chooks - with the camera on the tripod so it's from the same angle each time.

2. wildorchid053

wildorchid053 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    syracuse area, ny
    we have photoshop.. i think the price will surprise you and the book with it is about 1 1/2" thick... it runs about 800.00. unless you know about photography somewhat i think you will be lost.. look for a simpler program unless you think you can do it..good luck with it

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:If I had $800 I'd have almost three months worth of the medicine I need.
    That's kinda why I'm posting here. [​IMG]

4. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

5. wombat

wombat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    Ulead / Corel products are a lot cheaper than Photoshop, though not as feature-rich.

http://www.ulead.com/runme.htm

Photoshop is the "pro" tool, but Ulead has products that work well in the $50-$100 range.

I've used both the old Ulead video tools and Corel Draw, had no idea that they'd merged until I went to look for the link.

6. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:Woo-hoo! GIMP is great....if you can figure it out! Not perfect but a better choice than photoshop!

7. JewellFarm

JewellFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
  8. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    some one did a great job at photo shopin nifty's head on a dancing person a while ago... i cant remember who it was... but maybe this will jiggle the memory banks..lol

9. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Quote:Woo-hoo! GIMP is great....if you can figure it out! Not perfect but a better choice than photoshop!

They have pretty good documentation online as well.

10. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast

They have pretty good documentation online as well.

I have two GIMP books and previous knowledge of image editing. It helps a lot. I love GIMP but it might be hard to master for someone with no previous experience. Still, it's fun to use and $1000 cheaper than photoshop!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by