anybody remember snow blizzard of 1993 here in the south

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gapeachy, Dec 14, 2008.

1. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    I was thinking about the snow we had here in ga in 1993 we had 18 inches here....power was out ...it was really a scary thing here in the south....we loved it though.....I would love to see snow this year but maybe not that much again....

2. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Hear tell it snowed in Austin yesterday?? Really?

3. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Quote:I remember it quite vividly...

4. Hellvagirl

Hellvagirl Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2008
    Ellijay,GA
    I remember it.I lived in Canton at the time & we had 8".I moved to Ellijay in '94 & was told they got 17" from the blizzard.

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I remember it well. I was living in NC at the time. On the third day of no power and no snow plows to clear our road, a neighbor pulled an inflatable raft with his ATV to the grocery store. He stopped at each house along the way to get grocery lists. I can remember all I asked for was chocolate.
    To this day I believe that hershey bar kept me from murdering my ex. [​IMG]

6. conroy

conroy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    We had over 20 inches that year.... up in LI.

7. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    It was so funny everything was off down here all power cable everything....I found batteries and turned on the radio...people were calling in saying they were cooking by the fire and different things...well one man called in and said " do you know when the cable is going to be turned back on" I laughed so hard it was like this is a state of emergency and this guy was worried about his cable...

8. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I don't remember that one.....what sticks out in my mind is the Dec 2000 ice storm. [​IMG] I am afraid we are going to get that now, too. [​IMG] That was the worst. You could stand outside and watch transformers popping like fireworks. We were coming home from my Mother's house from christmas and people were driving 10 MPH on the interstate and sliding off.

9. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Gosh I remember the 93 snow!!!

I had just deleted husband 1.0 and promptly faced this massive snow storm and getting stuck! Luckily neighbors and police helped me out and when I got to work I got stuck there for three days!! (In patient facility - we almost ran out of food!)

10. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I have heard about that ice storm over and over again, from my SO. [​IMG]
    I just say yes dear, oh how awful dear. He wouldn't have lasted a month in the mountains of NC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by