Anybody ride (motorcycles)

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by bikergirl, Feb 21, 2009.

1. bikergirl

bikergirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2009
    Edmonds Wa
    I ride a street bike, and have for 8+ years. Any body else ride.

Here is the baby I have now
    [​IMG]

2. beak

beak On vacation

Dec 12, 2008
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Nice bike. Used to ride a Kawasaki 1000. Love rice burners, never saw the point in chugging around on a Hog. I know they're the in thing, but rice burners are a lot more fun. Going from a stop to 100 in 10 seconds is a blast, not to mention the turns. I have too many kids now. Can't take the chance of splattering myself.

Have fun.

3. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2008
    NW IL Fiber Enabler
    Pretty bike. Are you constantly leaning over as you ride? How do you feel after a couple hundred mile ride?? Oi!

It's been a few years since I rode.

My first real motorcycle was a 1947 Harley Davidson Knucklehead (60 cu in). Suicide clutch, tank shift, factory paint job. A sweet ride. Had to give that one back to the BF who built it for me when we broke up.

Next bike was a 1982 HD Low Rider (80 cu in). (my OWN, no one was taking it away from me!!) Modified that one a bit ... put FLH (dresser) shocks on it, risers and baby ape hangers, windshield, also put in a wet clutch. Got new metal work and had it painted with "Harley Lady" on the tanks. She was a sweet ride. Kept all the stock tanks/fenders since it was an "80th anniversary edition". Put a lot of highway miles on that bike

While I had the Low Rider, I stepped up and got a garbage barge (FLH) 74 cu in. Had the Liberty Fairing on it - the one that actually mounted to the front forks and not on the bike frame. Stripped it all down, kept the fiberglass saddle bags on the bike but no more tour pack or fairing (put them in storage with original paint.) Rode nice, but I prefered the Low Rider

Course, this was all 20+ years ago!!! I'm not riding any more, mc that is, but take plenty a rides in the horse drawn buggies and wagons now adays.

Never did ride a crotch rocket .... never saw the need for going 0 - 100 in ten seconds. Loved the comfortable ride of my Hogs

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  4. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    I just got back into riding, have a Vulcan 750 now. Had different sizes through the years includeing a V65 magna when it was the worlds fastest, by todays standards it is slow.

5. denimangle

denimangle Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2009
    Butler Texas
    We ride Harleys ..We have a 08 bagger & a 94 Fatboy.
    I started riding with my Uncle when I was very very young.
    Great thing about living in Texas we ride year round.
    Cheryl

6. Daycare Mom

Daycare Mom Chickens, Cuddly and Delicious

Apr 9, 2008
    Conklin, Michigan
    We used to have 93 fatboy. It was great. We put a sidecar on it when the kids started coming. DD got youngest rider at the blessing of the bikes at 18months old. Once we were hauling 3 kids in it we decided it was time to give it up. Now that the kids are getting older we are talking about what we will get next. It will be a Harley for sure, just not sure which one.

7. denimangle

denimangle Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2009
    Butler Texas
    Quote:OH WOW!! If your last ride was a 93 Fatboy your in for a treat ...
    I sleep on the back of the Bagger. The ride is nothing like it use to be ... On our Fatboy 60 to 100 miles and its break time so you can feel if your butt is still there.[​IMG] Now we ride a tank out 200 to 300 miles.
    pullup fillup and keep riding ...
    Cheryl

8. Tn Gamebirds

Tn Gamebirds Chillin' With My Peeps

We ride Harleys . We have a Heritage and a Softtail Deluxe.

I would post a picture of them . But ever picture i have has a naked woman on them.........[​IMG] [​IMG] Just kidding

9. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2008
    NW IL Fiber Enabler
    Quote:[​IMG]
    PPPHHHHHFFFFFTTTT!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] LOL!

Even being in the northern mid-west. No matter what the weather, I always took my bike out on Jan 1.

In bad weather (i.e. snow storms) it would take me longer to get dressed/undressed for riding than it actually did for a quick ride around the country mile, but it was a tradition I did for many a year!!!

DD got youngest rider at the blessing of the bikes at 18months old

DD was 2 months old when the Antique Motorcycle Club came to town for their yearly meet (Davenport IA), back in 1987. I had DD in a front pack riding my ex's modified Super Glide (that amazingly looked like the Fat Boy that came out a year or two later) and ex was riding his chopped out 1932 45 cu in military bike (what a heck of a front end was on that bike)

Willie G and Nancy were in the parking area when we pulled up. As I took little Laura out of her pack, Nancy was there hugging and kissing on her. Willie G scooped her up from Nancy and gave his fair share of kissing and hugging on the little tyke.

A memory I'll never forget ..... and I will always wonder about the Fat Boy design!​

10. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by