Anybody see this DVD on Chickens?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by hinkjc, Feb 9, 2008.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I was given this DVD by a friend to watch. It is called The Natural History of the Chicken by Mark Lewis. It was pretty neat and the first I've seen on chickens, so of course I liked it. It is 60 minutes long and produced by PBS Home Video if anyone is interested in seeing it.

I really loved the last little story about the silkie hen and her babies. Anyone else see it?

Jody

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I got it through netflix in the summer. I liked it.

3. Brian

Brian Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2007
    Jacksonville, ORegon
    Watch it on YouTube!

4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I saw it a long time ago and wish PBS would play it again. Is that the silkie that loves the hair dryer?

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

If it's what was on PBS, then I've seen it and it was a neat show.

6. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    Hey, thanks for mentioning it. I looked it up on netflix and am awaiting its arrival.

7. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    OK, so I just watched the first half of it on YouTube and felt so sorry for that silkie rooster. He has a look on his face like "Kill Me Please" The red headed lady is just a psycho. The guy raising the fighting roosters was weird and the guy imitating the chicken dance and standing in the middle of the field crowing over and over and over again needs a girl friend or something. I'm going to go and watch the rest of it, but I hope it gets better, I think it makes chicken people look a little bit nutso. Am I alone in thinking this? Seriously, swimming with a chicken and giving him a bath and blow dry everyday and taking him shopping ???? His beak is opened and he looks panicked the whole time. lol...ok...back to the show.

Maybe I'm watching the wrong one ????

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  8. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    never seen them

9. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I think I'm done now. A frozen chicken went to the light just before the lady gave it mouth to beak....(I'm not kidding, it's on this video) I don't think I can watch anymore, I don't think laughing through this is what I'm supposed to be doing...so I'll just say thank you very much for sharing and I hope many people enjoy the video. It is on Youtube in six parts but it loads quickly.

10. Xtradust

Xtradust Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Orange, CA
    I love that movie!

The pastor at the end with the story about the white silkie...gets me everytime.

The beautiful farms and chickens.

The nice granny that says her chickens are her friends and then loses one and finds it rock hard frozen under her porch and revives it with CPR!

This movie honestly made me get chickens.

I even rented "Cane Toads: An Unnatural History" by Mark Lewis. [​IMG]

Redfeathers, you'd really love that one! Made this one seem like Terminator 3. [​IMG]

Matt

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by