Anybody sell on Eggbid??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by terrif, Sep 8, 2009.

1. terrif

terrif Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2008
    Warrensburg, MO
    Hey All! I'm having trouble getting pics to post on eggbid.com. I have a website, but its a free service from my ISP and its in flash, so getting the url to my photos from there was impossible. So, I tried posting a photo on Snapfish. I could get the url to the photo, copy and paste it into a browser window and see the photo. But when I use the same URL on my eggbid auction - nothing shows up!!! I know there are successful folks out there who have accomplished this, I could really use your guidance! The Help page on eggbid has not been helpful. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Terri.

2. muzzles&nuzzles

muzzles&nuzzles Out Of The Brooder

Jun 17, 2009
    MI
    Some people do post a link instead of a pic. Not as nice looking as a pic though. I would help if I could but picture posting is a challenge for me. [​IMG]

3. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    i do, i have the same promblem, what i do is i take my pics off my space and post them in the decription catorgory.

4. terrif

Aug 13, 2008
    Warrensburg, MO
    Yep - that's what I'm doing, a link to my website. But folks do complain a bit. And, I think it might help the sale to have a pic there. Thanks! t.

5. terrif

Aug 13, 2008
    Warrensburg, MO
    So, shay20, you copy and paste a photo into your description??

I just tried that, it wouldn't work. Its funny, when you use the Preview button next to the photo url when you're setting up the auction - you actually see the photo!! Its only when its posted - it don't work.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  6. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Get a free account at www.photobucket.com

upload your pictures there. Once you have the pics loaded copy the "Direct Link" under the picture, then paste it in the picture space provided by eggbid ...it will load the pic in your auctions. click the preview tab to check it. [​IMG]

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Yes, photobucket makes uploading there SO much easier!

8. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Quote:what i do is upload all my pics onto my myspace account, then i click on my photo and then i click on copy url, ummm the bottom one, it gives you two to copy, you copy the bottom one.

now on eggbid, the spot where you would write all the information on what you are selling, you paste the url there.
    make sure that nothing else interferes with that though, like skip a line then paste it.
    and then when you are done and accept it it should show up on your page.

9. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I agree. I use both Villagephotos.com and Photobucket. They are both easy. [​IMG]

10. terrif

Aug 13, 2008
    Warrensburg, MO
    Quote:Steve, you rock! That worked. Don't know what the issue was with the snapfish account, but photobucket actually worked. Love you guys!

Terri.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by