anybody ship peafowl hatching eggs?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by mangobees, Feb 15, 2019.

1. mangobees

mangobees Chirping

Nov 8, 2015
    Central TX
    I don't know if shipping peafowl eggs is even reccomened but though id ask. Planning to buy some green peafowl hatching eggs in central tx, or have them shipped to me if thats possible. I know its not breeding season right now but I'm just trying to learn more and find breeders.

AlishaRichard likes this.
  2. Midnightman14

Midnightman14 Songster

May 23, 2016
    Central WI
    I would not recommend buying peafowl eggs to be shipped. Peafowl eggs are much more delicate than chicken eggs and you'd probably end up spending more money in the long run. I'd recommend buying juveniles or adults and saving alot of headache. You also won't find breeders of true green peafowl selling their eggs and I would definitely avoid anyone selling "Java Greens" or "Green peafowl eggs" as it is most certainly a scam. I would also highly reccomend not trying to keep green peafowl if you are new to the peafowl world. They are very touchy and demanding and I usually don't recommend people try them until they've kept people 5-7 years at least. Texas Peafowl might be a breeder for you to look into if you want to buy local.

3. Dany12

Dany12 Songster

Aug 20, 2011
    Hungary
    ... on ebay .... 2 months later ... !

4. It would be a rare circumstance that any breeder of pure Green peafowl would ever sell their eggs. If you do find one you should drive to go get them.

AlishaRichard likes this.
  5. Dany12

Dany12 Songster

Aug 20, 2011
    Hungary
  6. AlishaRichard likes this.
  7. Midnightman14

Midnightman14 Songster

May 23, 2016
    Central WI
    Ebay is probably the worst route to go. Pretty sure I know the people who were pre-selling those "muticus muticus" eggs. If it really is them this scam is just the tip of the iceberg.

KsKingBee likes this.
  8. Dany12

Dany12 Songster

Aug 20, 2011
    Hungary
    Green peacocks start the season earlier than the IB. When the blues begin, it's the beginning of the end for the greens!

KsKingBee likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: