Anybody tried this thermostat?

abritton77

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 9, 2011
Broken Bow
I am looking at replacing the thermostat on my bator and wondering if anybody has tried one of these. I like that it has the triac output but would miss my digital readout. I could actually use my current controller as a back up I guess though. I am wanting to get away from anything with a relay contact be cause I had one stick on me and kill 2 different batches before I figured it out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thermostat-...ltDomain_0&hash=item1c22ce90c7#ht_2383wt_1185

bigdawg

AA Poultry
10 Years
Jun 28, 2009
middle tenn
looks like a very nice unit. i am in the process of building a cabinet incubator. i think this unit would be a perfect fit. mount on outside and small hole for the probe to go inside. nice find. let us all know if you purchase it and how well it works.......

abritton77

Chirping
9 Years
Jan 9, 2011
Broken Bow
Well I decided to buy a solid state relay that I will switch on and off with my current controller and wire my lights to it. This should give me the same reliability of a solid state controller. It is an opto 22 which I have seen before and know to be a quality product. The controller has to cycle thousands of times and the relay just wont last that long if it is switching a big load. The solid state relay should last for years.

Top Bottom