Anybody tried this thermostat?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by abritton77, Jan 18, 2012.

1. abritton77

abritton77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2011
    Broken Bow
    I am looking at replacing the thermostat on my bator and wondering if anybody has tried one of these. I like that it has the triac output but would miss my digital readout. I could actually use my current controller as a back up I guess though. I am wanting to get away from anything with a relay contact be cause I had one stick on me and kill 2 different batches before I figured it out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thermostat-...ltDomain_0&hash=item1c22ce90c7#ht_2383wt_1185

2. bigdawg

bigdawg AA Poultry

Jun 28, 2009
    middle tenn
    looks like a very nice unit. i am in the process of building a cabinet incubator. i think this unit would be a perfect fit. mount on outside and small hole for the probe to go inside. nice find. let us all know if you purchase it and how well it works.......

3. Pocket Money Poultry Farm

Pocket Money Poultry Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2011
    Matthews, IN
    I saw that online today and was wondering the same thing.
    The ad makes it sound really good but I'd like to hear from someone that has purchased one.

4. abritton77

abritton77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2011
    Broken Bow
    Well I decided to buy a solid state relay that I will switch on and off with my current controller and wire my lights to it. This should give me the same reliability of a solid state controller. It is an opto 22 which I have seen before and know to be a quality product. The controller has to cycle thousands of times and the relay just wont last that long if it is switching a big load. The solid state relay should last for years.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by