anybody using eggs in their hair?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BethanyS, Nov 28, 2012.

1. BethanyS

BethanyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2012
    middle Tennessee
    I have been shampoo free for most of 2012. I have tried a lot of different things. the latest and what seems like the best thing I've been using are eggs. the first time I tried it I used to egg yolks and a big spoon of honey ran it through my wet hair let it set and then wash it with baking soda. I felt like the baking soda sort of ruined what the egg had originally done. the last time I wash my hair I used 2 whole eggs 1 teaspoon of honey and a dash of raw apple cider vinegar with a few drops of lavender oil mixed in a bit of water . I poured it on to scalp and brushed it through my hair with a soft bristle brush. I pulled up my hair and let it sit for about 30 minutes. In the shower I scrub my scalp rinsed thoroughly with water( warm not hot... no 1 wants scrambled egg hair) then I poured rosemary tea through my hair and towele n air dry. anyone else using eggs in their hair please fill me in on the things you have been doing

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  2. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Sounds more like ingredients for an omelett...lol Does your scalp itch from this mixture?

3. BethanyS

BethanyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2012
    middle Tennessee
    Haha agreed.no its the best conditioner.now using baking soda sure did and gave me flakes eeee

4. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Forgotto say I started using S-G (salon grafix) product conditioning cleanser and the itching stopped... not that I have long streaming locks to worry about it was just that all the other shampoos made me itch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by