Anybody wanna help my poor silkie hen out???(Eggs Found Thank you all)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Teresaann24, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I found my 7 month old silkie hen broody on 7 eggs I have candled them all and they seem to be too old. So I am guessing she and the other hen had laid these eggs and hid them from me and she just decided to go broody on them. I have tried everything to get her to stop she wont eat or drink (MUCH) she is detirmined to hatch eggs. I feel so bad for her (Sorry I am crazy about my girls) Anyways I don't have alot of money but if anyone has some eggs they would like for me to test for the i would be so happy to do so. I can pay for shipping if need be.

Can anyone help me out? I have no other hens that are STILL laying. Noone close who's hens are still laying. I'd perfer silkie eggs because anything I hatch I'd keep and I dont have nor want any other breeds of chickens.

Plz help my girl out [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Oh, poor girl! The only eggs I have are mixed standard and bantam eggs, only have one silkie laying, and she layed her first egg 2 days ago, so I don't think those would work. Good luck, and you should have no trouble finding some eggs for your girl! [​IMG]

3. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    all 3 of my girls were laying and 2 which i didnt know of till i found my girl broody and the other laid 2 eggs and has not laid one in almost a week. She only laid on those nice mid-warm days and has not since. I was hoping they would lay again and I'd exchange the old for new but no such luck [​IMG] I don't even know if the eggs are fertile I know my lone black hens eggs were fertile but both times they were cracked cause she was laying on top of the dog house/pet carrier I made for them as a home and they rolled off the side and cracked them. I just had the breaks and ball joints fixed on my car and am very tight on money right now or i'd have no problem buying eggs but I'd hate to take a chance and spend alot and in return get nothing but thats the chance you take with shipped eggs or any eggs. I just like to see if I can get some testing eggs for someone and pay shipping. I know they are alot of nice and awesome people on BYC. I love this site!!!!!!!!!

4. oberhaslikid

oberhaslikid Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Ohio
    Pm me Please

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  5. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    I don't have silkie eggs yet, or I would help you and the poor girl out! [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

6. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    I've got some silkie eggs........assorted colors. You can have some for just the shipping cost.

7. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    thank you all I private messed you meriruka and oberhaslikid!

8. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    needmorechickens! :

I don't have silkie eggs yet, or I would help you and the poor girl out! [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

thank you for caring! I have 3 other girls but all have QUIT laying on me! Just when i needed them the most..LOL isn't it my luck?​

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    My 4 y/o DS found an egg from one of his 'fluffies' this morning! Now if the other 4 would start laying, I might be able to hatch them! Hope you found some eggs for your sweetie!

10. Shared Acres

Shared Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2008
    Northeast Fla
    I had to put my SIlkie in the bathtub inside at night and put her loose in the house with a diaper for about 3 days to break her of her broodiness.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by