Anybody wanna suggest names for my baby goat?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by cheeps, Sep 17, 2010.

1. cheeps

cheeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Rockwell, NC
    I'm getting a new baby tonight...a 3 month old boer doeling...I don't have a picture to post just yet but she's white with the red head. I'm trying to figure out a name for her, I have a few ideas but you guys always have the greatest ideas! Of course my DH will want to throw in his two cents. The names I've come up with so far are Daisy, Dixie (gotta love good ole southern names!), Sunnie, and Reba (as in McEntyre...since she's a red head lol)...

So bring on your ideas...fun!! [​IMG]

2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Red heads always make me think of Pippi Longstocking, so I vote for Pippi.

3. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I had one like yours named Peanut & her sister was a "blonde" named Fraggle because she was teeny tiny! (Like the Fraggles from Fraggle Rock) [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  4. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    may I suggest Cupcake ?

5. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Let's see... here are some of our Boer gals that may give you ideas. Can she be registered? If so, she need a "creative" name for her registration.

Carolina Ruby (solid red)
    Bluegrass Rosey (red paint)
    Alexis (aka Lexi) (traditional)

You can do a google search for Boer goats and visit breeder's website for some really unique names for ideas.

6. michelle1017

michelle1017 Goat Mama

Aug 21, 2008
    Missouri
    My "red head" spoiled rotten goat is named Bella. Her "sister" is tan headed and named Bailey.

[​IMG]

This was last year. Bella is now over 100 pounds and Bailey is around 65.

7. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hmm, a red head, huh? How about Lucy (After a very famous red head--Lucille Ball)

LU-CY! YOU GOT SOME 'SPLAINING TO DO!

[​IMG]

8. cheeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Rockwell, NC
    So far, loving Pippi and Lucy! Hubby will like Lucy! Or Love Lucy I guess I should say lol!

9. cheeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Rockwell, NC
    Quote:You win chicmom! Hubby LOVED the name Lucy and she just looks like a Lucy to me. So that's what we are going with. We picked her up a few hours ago, she's so cute! I've been out sitting in the grass with her for the past two hours, before it was over with she was eating out of my hand, although she's still pretty skittish. Probably just nervous in a new place. We had a really spastic Doberman a while back, with crazy ears...I told my husband I think Lucy is Gretchen in a goat suit! Crazy ears and all! LOL Well, here she is!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:X2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by