1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anybody want to hold my hand???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by momma's chickens, Sep 29, 2009.

1. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I have 5 silkie eggs in the bator on day 20 and nothing. I know it is early but this is driving me crazy. I keep checking through the window and nothing. When I have hatched eggs before (never Silkies) this is my firsst time with them), I always had some hatch early.

I am nervous and scared something may not be right.

2. Namble

Namble Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    North Florida
    They should be fine. They just might be late bloomers!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  3. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    Oh, I do know that feeling! I've been hatching turkey, duck, and chicken eggs all summer long with good hatch rates. Recently I purchased some Ameraucana eggs by mail and tossed them in the Sportsman 'bator. Day 20 rolls around and nothing. It was like watching paint dry... I had my nose plastered to the door of the incubator.... watching and waiting. My patience was rewarded with 5 of the cutest little fuzzies!

Good luck with your hatch... hope you'll post pics when your chicks finally decide to present themselves.

4. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I will definitely post pics, I want some babies. In the other incubator I have turkeys, ducks and chickens but only on the first week. It is wonderful. I haven't had any babies since July though so it time. [​IMG]

5. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    I bet they'll be hatching ANY time... [​IMG]

6. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I think I need to go find something to do as I am driving myself crazy. It is a good thing that I am going to my ds football game tonight, it is 1 1/2 hour drive one way, that will take up the rest of my evening.

I so badly want a pip!!!!!

7. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Day 21 is here and nothing, nothing at all. I am going crazy! How many days can there be hope. 24??

8. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    I know... I still have 4 eggs under my BO hen that havent hatched and was wondering the same thing, today makes 23 days.............

9. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    :(Wll sadly, my aren't going to hatch and have been disposed of. I had a really funny feeling and I am not sure why. I candled them and saw no movement so in the egg I was sure wasn't viable I gently cracked and peeled some shell. There was a fully formed dead chick. I candled them all and checked them all and out of five, I had four fully formed dead chicks. I was extremely bummed the rest of the day and still am. Still not sure what went wrong, no fault of the seller or the mail as they were fully formed. I have hatched other chicks in that incuabor so hmmmmmmmmmmmmm! [​IMG]

10. Jen4

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    [​IMG] Oh thats so sad.... sorry to hear, I dont think my other 4 are going to make it... today is day 24

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by