Anybody want to rehome an Amazon?

amazondoc

Cracked Egghead
12 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Lebanon, TN
Hey again guys --

I am now sort of settled in my new digs, and I'm once again posting to let folks know that I am able to give an Amazon parrot a good home if you need to rehome one. I already have three Amazons as well as other birds, and I have years of experience with a variety of exotics. I now live on 6 acres, and one of my upcoming projects will be to build a couple of large outdoor flight cages (one for parrots, the other for rehabbing native birds).

I am in middle TN, and I don't mind a bit of a drive.

So let me know if your Amazon needs a good home. Thanks!

Hey Doc! So how many new chicken coops are in the works for the Amazon Plantation?!! Surely you have room now for a hundred or so new chickens?! Congrats on the new digs!
wink.png

lau.gif

I'm already in the middle of expanding the existing chicken pen. The chooks I've got will be quite enough......well, almost.
wink.png
D.gif
I'm still hoping to get a coupla standard Araucanas in the not too distant future!
big_smile.png

btw, I like that name -- Amazon Plantation. I've been trying to come up with a name for this place.....
wink.png

Ticks --

If you see a fat green parrot, it's probably an Amazon. There are many different species of Amazons, but nearly all of them are mostly green with trimmings of various other colors. I have one blue fronted Amazon (commonly referred to as BFA), and two double yellow headed Amazons (commonly referred to as DYH). The blue front I bought as a hand fed chick, but both of the DYHs are rescues. One of them would really love to bite my face off.
wink.png

Yeah, Lola wanted to kill me! He'd beg for part of my dinner, then when I gave it to him he'd grab it and threaten me... Haha! he was such a BRAT! Made me bleed a few times... Grumpy old man!!

Back
Top Bottom