Anybody's birds laying heavily still?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by iamcuriositycat, Dec 27, 2012.

1. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Mine seem to have stopped for the season. I don't use artificial lights, so this is not unexpected. :)

Anyway--I'd like to start a batch in the incubator to mature in early spring... but I'm having a hard time finding ANYONE local to sell fertile coturnix quail eggs. I know we're supposed to post in the buy/sell/trade section, but since the quail afficionadoes are so few, I hope no one minds if I ask here in the quail forum: Got fertile eggs? Willing to ship? Not particular about color, as long as they're coturnix, fertile, and in good condition.

I know shipped eggs are a toss-up, but I'm thinking of trying anyway. PM or email me (heather at heatherhead dot you-know-the-one). Btw, if you've never shipped before, I won't be able to walk you through, because neither have I! :D We'll have to rely on the kindness of other byc'ers to get us through.

Thanks!

2. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    Have you also tried your local CraigsList?
    Sometimes folks post on there when they have birds available and you can ask them if they've got eggs they can part with.
    Good luck!
    [​IMG]

3. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks! Yeah, craigslist was my first stop. I found someone who's selling birds, and I asked if he also has eggs, but he's not answering my emails. :(

There are others, but they're all farther than I want to drive. 40 minutes each way to pick up eggs is a bit much, imo. Something will turn up. Just figured it couldn't hurt to try here too. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by