1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anybody's hatch date April 4th?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Felicia, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Felicia

Felicia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Mine is [​IMG]. I am so excited. This is the first time I have bought chicken eggs (with my own money - so they are all mine [​IMG]), and the first time for me to have to all the incubator work!

I am losing sleep about it, and keep waking up to check on them [​IMG] - its very hard to do school when you are so tired. In addition, I am getting my ducklings shipped to me and my sheep is due the same week! I will be going crazy...but very very happy. Its probably going to be the most exciting week of my spring/summer as a 16 year old [​IMG]

I have 25 silkie/showgirl eggs in the 'bator [​IMG]

What do you have in your 'bator?

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I have 20 shipped eggs left out of 24 that are due to hatch the 5th or 6th. ( I know I know but I set them close enough to noon on the day that Im undecided what I should go with) out of the 20 I see moveing chicks in 13 of them and there are 2 more that are posibbly good , I dont have much hope for the others but as they are not seeping or stinking Ill wait a bit longer , two look kinda like they have blood rings but I just had an egg from another batch look like it had a blood ring for 2 days befor viens started branching from it so I will give them one more day. I candled them on day 9 and I am pretty shure they should have had more viens by then but just to make shure.
    GOOD LUCK

3. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    I have 6 that are suppose to hatch around the 3rd or 4th. I candled last night ~ day 8. Some look promising. Some, I'm just not sure about yet. I will candle them again around day 14. Mine are gamefowl.

Good luck!

Mama on top ~ one of these could be proud papa...

[​IMG]

or one of these is proud papa ~

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  4. Felicia

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Gabrielle - I am struggling with determining when to throw out the ones I think are duds....I was told to wait till day 14 to decide. But I am going to candle again in the next day or two, and then I will decide. So far, a lot of them are veining (when I checked on the 6th day). I am very happy considering 14 were from California, and 11 were from Utah. Good luck to you too!

GaNewChick - Your birds are beautiful! What kind of roosters are those in the first picture? I have been thinking about getting some game birds. I would love to hatch some later this spring. PM me if you have any eggs available in the next month or two.

5. wyliefarms

wyliefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Fowlerville,MI
    My daughter, Rachel, has 17 Ameraucana eggs in the bator, due April 2nd.

We aren't too far from each other.

Sarah

6. Felicia

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:[​IMG] That is really cool! Ameraucana chickens are SO beautiful! I wish you and your daughter the best of luck!

7. LilEmilysChknPen

LilEmilysChknPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    I've got 12 BC Marans, 12 Welsummer, and 12 Welsummer/EE mix that is due April 1. So I'm not that far from you either. [​IMG]

-Felisha

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  8. pefferlawchicken

pefferlawchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    i have 7 unknow eggs hatching on the 4th !

9. GaNewChick

GaNewChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    McDonough, Ga.
    Quote:I posted them here last week asking because I didn't know. I was told they were Golden Duckwings.

I will let you know if I get any.

Thanks!

10. kelseygirl707

kelseygirl707 Dances with Chickens

Mar 3, 2009
    Lakeport, Ca.
    Most of my eggs are due to hatch March 29th, but I do have a single lonely Silkie egg due to hatch on April 4th, maybe another silkie will join, but they all got pretty scrambled in shipping, and I can only see veining in one. We shall see... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by