Anybody's MPC EEs laying blue eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ChickenSmitten, Dec 31, 2008.

1. ChickenSmitten

ChickenSmitten Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2008
    Madison Wisconsin
    Hi I am waiting for my EEs to start laying they are from My Pet CHicken, in early July. They have very red little combs and are squatting rampantly, and I am just hoping so much for blue eggs... Does anyone have MPC EES laying blue?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I don't have any from MPC, but I do have Ameraucana chicks, and they are "supposed" to lay blue eggs. My other two EE's lay green ones, but they are on strike til the sun shines more. BUMMER!!!

You will be seeing eggs any day now.

3. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    We have 2 EE's from MPC, but no eggs yet. Both have red combs and one has been checking out the nest boxes that last couple days.

4. kmom246

kmom246 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 20, 2008
    Nevada
    I have one that lays pale blue eggs, one that lays a sort of olive green egg, one who has an almost white pale blue egg and one that lays a pink egg. The others are not laying yet.

5. SewingDiva

SewingDiva Chillin' With My Peeps

Our MPC EE lays a light brown egg. [​IMG]

6. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    We have 4 from MPC and I swear all they're laying are PINK eggs! [​IMG] I want blue too!...or even green for Pete's sake! [​IMG]

7. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Three of my four are laying shades of green. The fourth hasn't started laying yet.
    I think I'm going to get Ameraucana eggs from a breeder in order to get blue egg layers. The EEs are too hit or miss to guarantee the blue.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

You really need to get some true Ameraucanas or Araucanas for the eggs you want. My younger blue Ameraucana lays an egg that is almost robin's egg blue, very intensely colored. My older Ameraucanas lay eggs that are a pretty pale blue with a tinge of green at times. My EE girl, June, lays a humongous green egg.

9. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Quote:By the description you just gave, some day when I finally get a bator I would love to get some eggs from you! Those colors sound terrific! [​IMG]

10. Catalina

Catalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    My EE bantam from MPC lays green eggs.
    When she's not broody. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by