Anyone Allergic To Peanut Butter or Peanuts

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kuntrygirl, Dec 1, 2011.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I had some allergy test done last week and they called me today with the results and they said that I am allergic to the following (so far): They are still running more tests.

I think many people are allergic to the first list.
    Dust
    Dogs
    Grass
    Cockroaches (Who knew) [​IMG]
    Mold
    Trees
    Ragweed

Food Allergies
    Wheat ( I LOVE WHEAT BREAD! [​IMG])
    Barley
    Corn
    Crab
    Shrimp ( I LOVE SHRIMP! [​IMG])

And the most suprising one is PEANUT BUTTER & Peanuts !!!!!!! NO !!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER. [​IMG]

The nurse said that the results were so high for peanut butter that I could possibly go in to Anaphylactic shock. I was like HUH?!

Do you think it's that serious or not? I just had some peanut butter on yesterday but nothing happened to me. [​IMG]

How accurate are those allergy tests? Should I risk it and continue to eat peaunt butter or stop while I'm ahead?

**********************************************************************************
    What are some things that you all are allergic to?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  2. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    I suppose the question should be...why did you have the test done in the first place?

If you were having problems, it would be wise to heed the results,if not, I would continue as always,
    but I am not a medical doctor, so you should probably listen to those who know best.

3. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

I had that test done when i was 16. My peanut butter allergy came back the same as yours. They told me the same and that i was no longer allowed to eat it even though it had never bothered me. They sent me for the blood test to make sure that it was correct and when it came back they told me that i was highly allergic but it was not showing right now. I was pretty confused. Pretty much my doctor told me i can eat it at my own risk. I could go my whole life eating it and i would be fine or one day it could turn and i eat it and it could kill me. I take the risk and still eat it. I have an epi pen on me all the time anyway because of my other food allergy so if it happens it happens but i cant give up peanut butter lol.

4. annageckos

annageckos Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    SE PA / NJ
    I'm not allergic to anything that I know of. If it was me, and it didn't bother me to eat it I still would. I know my aunt is allergic to a couple things, but she still eats them. I guess it really depends on how allergic you are.

Oh, my BF is allergic to bananas. It nearly killed him once. It happened long before I met him. I threaten to slip bananas in his food sometimes [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  5. KenK

KenK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Georgia
    I think everybody is somewhat allergic to something. Pollen, dust etc. I guess the main question is, is this going to make you sneeze or give you a runny nose or kill you.

6. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Quote:Im so glad you said that!!! I didnt think anyone else was as allergic to bananas as i was!!! The smell alone can kill me!

7. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:Im so glad you said that!!! I didnt think anyone else was as allergic to bananas as i was!!! The smell alone can kill me!

Bananas? WOW!!! I never heard of anyone being allergic to bananas.

It's amazing how are bodies reject certain foods.

8. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    The only allergies i have is from bird dander if theirs no purifier i wheeze badly to barely breathing.

9. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    Are you allergic to grass or does it cut your and then you itch from it? Itching is a form of pain.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by