Anyone around here looking for puppies? North Western NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if we go to arlee's TSC we can get it done at the shelter. The shelter has put down 6 week and 8 week old puppies. People in the area we are going to just dump them in there. That was the whole reason why we where moving there was to start our own no kill shelter. If I can find the link I will show you what people have said about this shelter and what they do. I pray they dont get sick as well. We have bleached alot of the floors and the walls. The pens that we got where playpens that are used for babies. They are pet free so That should help.

The 7-way shots i've bought at TSC are prepackaged WITH the syringe in there.

There are very clear instructions in the package, with pictures.

The first one is nerve wracking, but it's pretty simple after that.

Most breeders and private shelters do their own vaccines. There is no point in paying $$$$ to the vet if all they need is the vaccine.

Even giving shots sub-cu takes a little practice; I would have someone who has done it a lot show you how.

Anywhere there is loose skin will work. Most people to the back of the neck or behind the elbow. You will be abe to feel the skin, sub-q is just under the skin. It would be best to have someone show you, but if you don't have anyone, you should be able to figure it out. Sub-q shots are the easiest shot to give so they are a good starting point. I also can't see the point of paying a vet to do something I can do myself, especially if you have a large number of animals. But that's me, some people are terribly squeamish and can't stand the idea, others are afraid they might hurt them.

Every shelter i've ever had anything to do with will not rehome any animals immediately before Christmas, due to the risk of unwanted gifts and it being a difficult time for a new animal to settle into a home (with all of the noise, commotion, and people being away from home more than usual). On top of that, no animal control officer in their right minds is going to let anyone take 15 puppies at once. That won't resolve the problem, it will just displace it to an animal hoarder.

As for the Parvo issue, the immunisation is not completely effective. Vaccinated dogs can contract Parvo, and puppies do not reach their maximum potential of immunity until two to three weeks after their FINAL vaccination. For this reason our vet insisted that we kept our newest puppy away from areas where unvaccinated dogs or coyotes could have been until she was 14 weeks old, as the virus can easily live on inanimate objects for several months. It does not have to be transmitted directly from dog to dog.

BelRay is a good school. I am a certified tech and my BFF (
tongue.png
-vcan you say that when your 31) graduated from there.

IMO, I would have someone more fimilar give the vaccs. You can go to far and end up IM, puppies can also have reactions to DHLPP vaccs, quite common.

Parvo is VERY easily spread. There is a good chance, again IMHO, these puppies will contract it from your home. You need to be up front with people who take the puppies that they could have been exposed so that they know what to look for and know what to do if symptoms pop up.

I dont think it is unethical to take the puppies, but I do think it is unethical to not tell future owners of the possible exposure and let them make an "informed purchase".

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom