Anyone been to Busch Gardens, Florida???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Little Ameraucana Mom, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    I've always wanted to go there, BUT we are footing the bill for all the kids and Grandkids. (Going to sea World and Disney also). On busch Gardens web site it has charge per person to get in and Safari's are extra per person. My question is . Is it worth going if you don't go on a safari??? Is there enough to see that it is worth the drive and gate fee?

2. Royd

Royd Songster

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    It's the best of all the amusement parks...The lines aren't particularly long, and the rides are far better than DisneyWorld.

3. Little Ameraucana Mom

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    I'm not into rides, unless they are animal related, I'm wanting to see all the animals. Do you get to see alot with out going on the safari?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  4. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Hubby worked for one of the construction companies that Busch Garden used. The last time we went, we didn't ride the first ride - hubby just walked me all over the park to show me "See Jack Harris' hammock? I had to move that over 5 feet." "This is the bathroom where I had all the trouble putting up the door." "See this curb?" etc. etc. etc. He worked there for years, so there was a lot of work he felt the need to show me.

All in all, it's a great park - just don't go with my hubby!

5. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    The monorail has been closed down, which was a good way to see the animals. The Clidesdale horses are gone, since Mr. Busch sold the park. The dolphin show has been closed. I'm not sure about the bird show. There is Edge of Africa, which is where you walk through and see several animals. There is the elephant enclosure, lions, ostriches, and alligators. I haven't been there in several years, so I'm not sure what the safari is, but Busch Garden's main attractions, in my opinion, are their roller coasters, with a new one opening soon. If you don't like rides, I'm not sure how much else is there.

6. BHep

BHep Crowing

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    I just moved from FL a year ago. We had season passes and spent plenty of time there. "IF " you like rides then it's great! Animals so-so. Kids need to be 52 inches for most rides. The safari is not that great. IMO

IMO.... stick with Sea World & Disney. Sometimes you can get a free pass to BG when you buy SW tickets. I'd go if it is free. Check out their website.

If you just want to see animals, there is a zoo right the road from BG. Lowery Park Zoo.

ENJOY!!!!!! [​IMG]

7. Little Ameraucana Mom

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    Thanks everyone, We might just pass on it. Some of my grandkids aren't even tall enough even ride.

8. MinxFox

MinxFox Crowing

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    I am a bit late to find this topic, but I really love Busch Gardens. We went their a few years ago (maybe 2 years ago) when visiting my grandparents and I really wish we had more time to stay longer because it was amazing! We took a behind the scenes tour and got to pet a sloth, hand feed beautiful flamingos, feed giraffes lettuce (the baby one hit me in the face when it turned it's head), all sorts of cool stuff! I really wanted to go to the Jungala section which is new and so far I have heard it is great but we didn't have time. The landscaping is beautiful! They have some plants shaped into tigers, and all sorts of animals. There are great themed sections too. As for birds they have a cool walk in aviary which we didn't go into but it looked really cool. We didn't really ride rides because I am more going for the animals, landscaping, and great photography opportunities.

Here is a cool view from the cable cart of the African area.
    [​IMG]

They had a cool underwater viewing of some crocs with thousands of beautiful fish.
    [​IMG]

Here was part of our tour, they take you on a safari vehicle were you stand on the back of the vehicle and they drive you out to a large exhibit with many different species like zebra, gazelle, oryx, and of course the giraffes which we fed. They come right up to the vehicle to eat the lettuce.
    [​IMG]

Also we went behind the scenes to an off-exhibit holding pen with a hippo and her calf. Here the zookeeper was getting the hippo to open her mouth and then would throw some lettuce into her mouth.
    [​IMG]

This was a pair of Rainbow loorkeets in the medium sized walk in aviary.
    [​IMG]

Feeding the flamingos.
    [​IMG]

I think it is a great trip to take, I want to go back again someday the food there was good too, and well the whole atmosphere is beautiful!

9. Little Ameraucana Mom

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    Quote:What GREAT pictures !! Thank you for posting them.

10. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Songster

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Busch Gardens beats Disney anyday, IMO. Less crowded, great animal viewing, way better food. I live just 30 minutes south of Tampa. It's just more relaxing in general. My favorite is the Silverback Gorilla exibit. I could stand there for days and watch them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: