Anyone belong to Marans Breeders of America?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Oblio13, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Oblio13

Oblio13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    It's a Yahoo group. I just tried to sign in and got a message saying I'd been "banned by the moderator". I have no idea why, and there doesn't seem to be a provision for asking. I can't imagine that anything I've posted was improper or controversial.

???

2. TheMartianChick

TheMartianChick Chillin' With My Peeps

I think that that is the organization that I tried to join. There was a form to fill out and they asked why you wanted to join. I never got a response... This was a few weeks ago. I thought that I would join the group and then get my breeding stock when I move.

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I belong to it and haven't had any issues with it. Just saw a post by you (Oblio 13) in fact.

4. Oblio13

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:That's the first post I've made there in weeks, and I was banned within minutes of making it. Maybe you could ask what the problem was and let me know?

5. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'm not sure how to contact the owner/moderator. Maybe if you applied to join again and asked what the issue was they would tell you.

6. Oblio13

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I did. It says "You have been blocked from joining this group." I can't think of a single thing I've ever posted that was negative or offensive. My last post was along the lines of "I just had a great hatch, 11 of 14, good luck with yours." It's not a great loss, I hardly ever post there, but I'm very curious about this.

7. MaransGuy

MaransGuy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2007
    Greenfield, MA
    I post there as well and am thinking it is a glitch. I think I may have even seen someone else ask about the same thing. You can contact the moderator here: [email protected]

Richard

8. Oblio13

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Thanks, I just sent an email.

I heard from someone else who was banned as well. She said "Ron" is the owner and he's been doing that quite a lot, with no explanations.

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Oblio....did you get my PMs?

10. Oblio13

Jan 26, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:I just figured out that there was such a thing on this board - I'm a little slow sometimes.

Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by